Prof. Dr. med. Christopher Nimsky
University Hospital Marburg
4.1 on Google
The data collected based on 9 patient reviews on Google
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Christopher Nimsky. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
magnetic resonance imaging
intraoperative computed tomography
deep brain stimulation
temporal lobe epilepsy
vertebral body segmentation
stereotactic brain biopsy
lobe epilepsy surgery
skull base surgery
- 1983-1989 Studied human medicine at the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
- 1989-2001 Resident and Staff Member of the Department of Neurosurgery, University Erlangen
- 1990 Foreign medical graduate examination in the medical sciences by the educational commission of the USA
- 1991 Doctorate thesis at the Department of Immunology, Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg: “Investigations for endotoxin determination and endotoxin neutralization capacity”
- 1999 Obtaining specialization in neurosurgery
- 2000 Research Fellowship, Department of neurosurgery at the Tokyo Women’s Medical University and University Osaka
- 2001 Habilitation at the Department of neurosurgery, University Erlangen: “Intraoperative Magnetic Resonance Imaging”
- 1996-1997 Military service as Medical Officer (Air Force Captain), Department of neurosurgery at the German Military Central Hospital in Koblenz
- 2001-2007 Associate Professor and Senior Staff Member of the Department of neurosurgery at the University Erlangen
- 2005-2008 Vice Chairman, Department of neurosurgery at the University Erlangen
- 2007-2008 Professor of neurosurgery, University Erlangen
- 2008 Professor and Director, Department of neurosurgery at the University Hospital Marburg
- 2011-2014 Visiting Professor of the First Affiliated Hospital of the Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou
Awards & Memberships
- 2001-2008 Clinical Head of the division of imaging and image processing of the interdisciplinary Neurocenter at the University Erlangen
- 2004-2007 Member of the board of directors of the German Research Foundation research unit SFB 603 (Model-based analysis and visualization of complex scenes and sensor data) at the University Erlangen
- Member of the study group for epilepsy surgery
- Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member of the German Society of Neurosurgery
- Member of the German Society of Computer and Robot-Assisted Surgery
- Member of the German Society of Airand Space-Medicine
- Member of the German Spine Society
- Member of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
- Secretary and Member of the board of directors of the Intraoperative Imaging Society
- Listed in the FOCUS top list of neurosurgeons
ADAM22 activates integrin β1 through its disintegrin domain to promote the progression of pituitary adenoma.
9 August, 2023
Implementation and Assessment of a Laparotomy-Assisted Three-Port Fetoscopic Spina Bifida Repair Program.
7 August, 2023
Focal Cortex Stimulation With a Novel Implantable Device and Antiseizure Outcomes in 2 Prospective Multicenter Single-Arm Trials.
1 June, 2023
Conradistraße, 10, 35043
About this place
Marburg is a small but lively city in the heart of Germany. Halfway between Frankfurt and Kassel, Marburg is today a vibrant stude
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Christopher Nimsky?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurosurgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Christopher Nimsky
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Christopher Nimsky