Prof. Dr. med. Marcos Tatagiba
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
Live from the OP | The orbital tumor
Dr. Marcos Tatagiba, president of the German congress, highlights the importance of the partnership
- 1980-1985 Studied human medicine at the University of the State of Rio de Janeiro
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1986 Fellowship at the Institute for Pathology of the Nordstadt Hospital Hannover
- 1987-1993 Neurosurgical training at the Department of neurosurgery of the Nordstadt Hospital in Hannover
- 1992 Defense of the dissertation at the Hannover Medical School: "Significance for postoperative hearing of preserving the labyrinth in vestibular schwannoma surgery"
- 1993 Obtaining specialization in neurosurgery at the Medical Chamber of Lower Saxony
- 1995 Research Fellow at the Institute for Brain Research of the University of Zurich
- 1998 Habilitation and a teaching license at the Hannover Medical School: "Regeneration of axotomized acoustic nerve of adult rat after intrathecal treatment with the IN-1 antibody against neurite growth inhibitors"
- 2003 Visiting Professor at the Department of neurological surgery of the Wayne State University, School of Medicine and Children's Hospital of Michigan
- 2010 Visiting Professor at the People's Hospital of the University of Peking
- 1994-1997 Staff Member at the Department of neurosurgery of the Nordstadt Hospital in Hannover
- 1998-2002 Consultant and Vice-Director, Department of neurosurgery at the Hannover Medical School
- 2000-2002 Vice Director of the International Neuroscience Institute in Hannover
- 2002-2003 Vice Director, Department of neurosurgery at the University of Freiburg
- 2003 Director and Chairman, Department of neurosurgery at the University Hospital Tubingen
- 2006 Chairman and Director, Department of neurosurgery at the University of Zurich
Awards & Memberships
- 1997 Young Neurosurgeon Award from the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- 2001 Prize from the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
- 2001 Academic Adviser of Jiangyin International Cooperative Neuro-Center at the Southeast University School of Medicine in China
- 2002 Prize of the Neurosurgical Research Foundation, German Society of Neurosurgery
- 2006 Local Director of the annual Program “Advanced Techniques for the Young Neurosurgeon” between the Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery and the University of Tubingen
- 2007 Innovations Prize from the Federal Ministry of Education and Science
- 2007 President of the First International symposium on cognitive neurosurgery
- 2007 President of the First MASCIN meeting, Castle of Weitemburg
- 2010 President of the German Academy of Neurosurgery
- 2010 Member of the Academia Eurasiana
- 2013 Member of the Estrela Spica Commendation for Education and Culture, North chapter of the Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery
- 2013-2015 President of the German Skull Base Society
- 2015 Chairman of the international relations at the German Society of Neurosurgery
- 2016 Keller Lecturer at the Department of neurosurgery of the University of Cincinnati
- Member of the German Society of Neurosurgery
- Member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member of the Brazilian Society of Neurosurgery
- Member of the Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery
- Honorary Member of the study center of the Santa Casa Health
- Member of the German Society of Skull Base Surgery
- Member of the executive committee of the German Skull Base Society
- Treasurer Member of the European Skull Base Society
- Member of the German Academy of Neurosurgery
- Member of the European Neurological Society
- Member of the Academia Eurasiana
- Past President of the German Academy of Neurosurgery
- Past President of the German Skull Base Society
- Listed in the FOCUS top list of neurosurgeons
Case report: A vertebral bone spur as an etiology for spinal cord herniation: case presentation, surgical technique, and review of the literature.
8 August, 2023
Increasing Patient Safety and Treatment Quality by Using Intraoperative MRI for Organ-Preserving Tumor Resection and High-Dose Rate Brachytherapy in Children with Bladder/Prostate and Perianal Rhabdomyosarcoma.
5 July, 2023
Musculoskeletal demands in microsurgery-an explorative study comparing the ergonomics of microscope and 3D exoscope.
4 July, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Marcos Tatagiba?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurosurgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Marcos Tatagiba