Prof. Dr. med. Peter Vajkoczy
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
Hydrocephalus therapy (B|BRAUN) - 3D animation medicine
How was the first brain operation?
Extremely rare brain diseases
Young woman dies after operation...
DWG video with Olli Schulz | Full Version | DWG 2022
- 1988-1995 Studies in medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich
- 1990-1995 Scholarship, German National Merit Foundation
- 1992-1996 PhD thesis, Institute for Surgical Research, University Hospital Grosshadern, University of Munich
- 1995-2001 Residency, Department of Neurosurgery, Mannheim University Hospital (Prof. Peter Schmiedek)
- 2001 Habilitation in Neurosurgery at the Mannheim University Hospital, University Heidelberg
- Since 2006 Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg
- Since 2007 Professorship of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Charite Berlin
- 2001-2006 Senior physician at the Department of Neurosurgery, Mannheim University Hospital, University Heidelberg
- 2006 Lecturer in neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg
- Since 2007 Professor and director of the Department of Neurosurgery, Charite University Clinic, Berlin
Awards & Memberships
- 1998 Aesculap Research Award, European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
- 1998 Pharmacia & Upjohn Young Investigator Award, American Association of Cancer Research
- 1998 Travel Award, American Association of Cancer Research
- 2001 Hemedex Pioneer Investigator Award
- 2001 Hermann Rein Prize, German Association for Microcirculation and Vascular Biology
- 2002 Research Award, German Academy of Neurosurgery
- 2003 Young Neurosurgeon Research Award of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- 2003 Wolfgang Hoffmeister Award, Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg
Comparison of Intraoperative CT- and Cone beam CT-based Spinal Navigation for the Treatment of Atlantoaxial Instability.
22 August, 2023
Comparative effectiveness of decompressive craniectomy versus craniotomy for traumatic acute subdural hematoma (CENTER-TBI): an observational cohort study.
9 August, 2023
Epigenetic neural glioblastoma enhances synaptic integration and predicts therapeutic vulnerability.
7 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Peter Vajkoczy?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurosurgery, microsurgery, cancer research.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Peter Vajkoczy