Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Kiwit
neurosurgery, minimally invasive spinal surgery, neuro-oncology
Work > 20 years
- 1975-1980 Studied human medicine at the Heinrich-Heine University in Dusseldorf
- 1980 Three-month research trip to Kenya, ethnomedical field study: “Trepanation in East Africa” (headed by Prof. Dr. medical Hans Schadewaldt, Director of the Institute for the History of Medicine)
- 1981 Medical examination III
- 1982-1983 Further training as a doctor for neurosurgery at the Bundeswehr Central Hospital in Koblenz (head of the fleet doctor Dr. medical J.Mletzko)
- 1983 Promotion to Dr. med. before the medical faculty of the Heinrich-Heine University Dusseldorf: “Critical analysis of fetal risk detection through serum estriol determinations”
- 1984-1985 Further training as a doctor for neurosurgery at the Neuropathological Institute of the University of Dusseldorf (Director Prof. Dr. med. W. Wechsler)
- 1985 FLEX exam, New York
- 1986-1990 Further training as a doctor at the neurosurgical clinic of the Heinrich-Heine University in Dusseldorf (director Prof. Dr. med. W.J. Bock)
- 1990-1991 Fellowship through the Mayo Foundation, continuing education in neurosurgery at the Mayo Clinic Rochester
- 1991 Specialist certification as a doctor for neurosurgery
- 1992 Habilitation before the medical faculty of the Heinrich-Heine University Dusseldorf: “Experimental studies on the therapy of malignant gliomas”
- 1997 Recognition of the optional further training in special neurosurgical intensive care medicine by the North Rhine Medical Association
- 1998 Authorization to teach at the Humboldt University in Berlin
- 1999 Authorization for unlimited further training in the field of neurosurgery by the Berlin Medical Association (72 months)
- 2009 Recognition of the additional designation in X-ray diagnostics by the Berlin Medical Association
- 2011 Recognition of the additional designation in special pain therapy by the Berlin Medical Association
- 2015 Authorization for further training in special pain therapy by the Berlin Medical Association (6 months)
- 1980-1981 Practical year at the National Hospital for Nervous Diseases and Middlesex Hospital London
- 1987 Research funding from the Minister for Science and Research of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia: "Immunobiology of brain tumors", the establishment of the Clinic's neuro-oncological laboratory
- 1992-1993 2nd Senior Physician at the Clinic for neurosurgery at the Heinrich Heine University in Dusseldorf
- 1994-1998 Senior Consultant and Permanent Representative of the Clinic Director, Clinic for neurosurgery at Heinrich Heine University
- 1995-1996 Subproject A 12 in the SFB 194 of the German Research Foundation: "Structural-functional changes in cortical lesions due to interstitial laser irradiation"
- 1995-1996 Deputy Investigator of the clinical study GTI-0103: "Retroviral gene transfer with the G1Tk1SvNa7 vector in patients with recurrent glioblastoma"
- 1996-1998 Deputy Investigator of the clinical study GTI-0115: "Retroviral gene transfer with the G1Tk1SvNa7 vector in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma"
- 1997 Adjunct professorship by the medical faculty of the Heinrich Heine University
- 1998 Permanent Member of the inner faculty council of the medical faculty of the Heinrich-Heine University in Dusseldorf
- 1998-2019 Chief Physician of the Department of neurosurgery at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
- 2000 Consultant in minimally invasive spinal surgery at the MEOCLINIC Berlin
- 2005-2017 Head of the spine specialist group of the Helios Clinics Group (neurosurgeons, orthopaedists, trauma surgeons)
- 2007 Deputy Director of Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
Awards, memberships, publications
- 1992 Membership in the cerebrovascular section of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- 2006-2008 Chairman of the MAYO Alumni German Speaking Chapter, organization of the European congresses of the scientific association
- Member of the appeals committee of the Berlin Medical Association
- Permanent Elected Member of the restricted faculty council of the medical faculty of the Heinrich Heine University in Dusseldorf
- Secretary of the MAYO Alumni German-Speaking Chapter
- Delegate (Second Delegate) of the German Society of Neurosurgery in the World Federation of Neurosurgeons
What diseases does Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Kiwit treat?
Where does the doctor practice?
Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Kiwit works at MEOCLINIC Berlin.
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Kiwit?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurosurgery, minimally invasive spinal surgery, neuro-oncology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Kiwit has been practising for more than 43 years.
If you have any questions, you can go to the contact form and send your request