Prof. Dr. med. Theodoros Kombos
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Study of human medicine at the University of Bonn
- 1993 Doctoral thesis defense
- 1999 Board certification in neurosurgery, Berlin Medical Association
- 2001 Habilitation in neurosurgery, Free University of Berlin
- 2007 Extraordinary Professor at Charite University Hospital Berlin
- 1993-1995 Internship, Department of neurosurgery, Benjamin Franklin Campus, Charite University Hospital Berlin
- 1995-1999 Research Fellow, Department of neurosurgery, Benjamin Franklin Campus, Charite University Hospital Berlin
- 1999-2011 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head in the Department of neurosurgery at the Charite University Hospital Berlin
- 2012-2014 Chief Physician, Department of neurosurgery (focus on spinal surgery), Hildesheim Hospital
- 2014 Chief Physician of the Department of neurosurgery at the Academic Hospital Schlosspark Charlottenburg Berlin
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member of the American Society of Neurophysiological Monitoring
- Member of the German Society of Neurosurgery
- Member of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- Member of the German Society for Computer- and Robot-Assisted Surgery (working group on spinal surgery)
- Member of the German Society for Spine Surgery
- Member of the Professional Association of German Neurosurgeons
Giant intracranial aneurysms: natural history and 1-year case fatality after endovascular or surgical treatment.
6 December, 2019
Fusion Rates of Intervertebral Polyetheretherketone and Titanium Cages without Bone Grafting in Posterior Interbody Lumbar Fusion Surgery for Degenerative Lumbar Instability.
Empty polyetheretherketone (PEEK) cages in anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion (ACDF) show slow radiographic fusion that reduces clinical improvement: results from the prospective multicenter "PIERCE-PEEK" study.
28 April, 2017
About this place
Where does the doctor practice?
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Theodoros Kombos?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurosurgery, spine surgery, robot-assisted surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Theodoros Kombos