Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Wirtz
University Hospital Ulm
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Wirtz. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
lowgrade glioma surgery
glioblastoma stem cells
intracranial contrast enhancement
peripheral nerve sheath
- 1980-1986 Study of Human Medicine at the Rhine-Westphalian Technical Aachen University
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1992 Doctoral thesis defense at the Rhine-Westphalian Technical Aachen University
- 2001 Habilitation: “Surgical interventions using imaging systems in neurosurgery. Neuronavigation and intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging”
- Obtaining specialization in neurosurgery
- 1986-1987 Practice at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, and at the University Hospital Aachen
- 1989 Assistant Physician and Research Fellow in the Department of neurosurgery at the University Hospital
- Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. med. S. Kunze)
- 1997-2005 Senior Physician in the Department of neurosurgery at the University Hospital Heidelberg
- 2005 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of neurosurgery at the University Hospital Heidelberg
- 2006 Visiting Professor at the Heidelberg University
- 2009 Head, Department of neurosurgery at the University Hospital Ulm
- Medical Director, Department of neurosurgery at the University Hospital Ulm
Awards & Memberships
- 2001 Educational Prize of the faculty of medicine at the Heidelberg University
- 2001 Founding Member of the German Society for Computer- and Robot-Assisted Surgery
- 2004 Deputy Head at the Neurosurgical Academy of Education and Advanced Training of the German Society of Neurosurgery
Pituitary Stalk Morphology as a Predictor of New-Onset Adrenocortical Insufficiency and Arginine Vasopressin Deficiency after Transsphenoidal Resections of Pituitary Macroadenomas: A Retrospective Single-Center Study with a Focus on iMRI.
2 August, 2023
Augmented Reality-Assisted versus Freehand Ventriculostomy in a Head Model.
4 July, 2023
Intraoperative MRI-Guided Resection Is Not Superior to 5-Aminolevulinic Acid Guidance in Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma: A Prospective Controlled Multicenter Clinical Trial.
19 June, 2023
Albert-Einstein-Allee, 23, 89081
About this place
Ulm is a major scientific and university center and one of the most beautiful cities in the country. Ulm is located on the Danube
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Wirtz?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurosurgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Wirtz
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Wirtz