Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Zeuzem
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1978-1985 Medical education at the University of Frankfurt, Newcastle upon Tyne, and Cambridge
- 1985 Approbation as doctor
- 1986-1999 Medical specialization in internal medicine, gastroenterology, endocrinology, intensive care medicine
- 1986 Doctoral thesis with distinction, University of Frankfurt
- 1990-1991 Research scholarship, Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysics Frankfurt am Main, German Research Foundation
- 1992 Habilitation, University of Frankfurt
- 1993 Postdoctoral Researcher, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University Medical School
- 1985-1986 Military Service, Giessen Military Hospital
- 1993-2002 Junior Faculty, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Frankfurt
- 1998-2002 Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University Hospital Frankfurt
- 2002-2007 Professor of Medicine (C4), Director Department of Medicine II, Saarland University Hospital
- 2007 Professor of Medicine (W3/C4), Head of the Department of internal medicine (gastroenterology, hepatology, endocrinology, diabetology, nutritional medicine) at University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Member of the European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Member of the German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases
- Member of the German Society for Internal Medicine
- 2004-2013 Speaker of German Research Foundation, clinical research group: “Mechanisms of resistance development and optimization of antiviral strategies”
- 2007-2014 Speaker of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany, cluster: “Host and viral determinants for susceptibility and resistance to hepatitis C virus infection”
- 2010-2014 Associate Editor, Journal of Hepatology
- 2010 Editorial Advisory Board, Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- 2010-2016 Board Member, German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases
- 2016 Associate Editor of Gastroenterology
- 2019 President, German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases
Fluorescence confocal microscopy on liver specimens for full digitization of transplant pathology.
1 September, 2023
German Patient Blood Management Network: effectiveness and safety analysis in 1.2 million patients.
Key role of phosphorylation sites in ATPase domain and Linker region of MLH1 for DNA binding and functionality of MutLα.
2 August, 2023
About this place
Where does the doctor practice?
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Zeuzem?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, gastroenterology, endocrinology, intensive care, nutritional medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Zeuzem