Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Stein
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1978-1989 Studied nutritional science, biophysics, and medicine at the Justus Liebig University Giessen
- 1983 Diploma examination (nutritional science), Justus Liebig University Giessen
- 1989 State examination (medicine), Justus Liebig University Giessen
- 1989 Scientific Assistant in the Center for internal medicine, medical clinic II at the University Hospital in Frankfurt (Director: Prof. Dr. WF Caspary)
- 1992 Promotion to Dr. med. at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen
- 1996 Recognition as a specialist in internal medicine
- 1997 Habilitation for the subject of internal medicine
- 1997 Acquisition of specialist qualification in internal intensive care medicine
- 2003 Acquisition of an additional qualification in gastroenterology
- 2004 Acquisition of (technical) nutritional medicine
- 1997 Private Lecturer on the subject of internal medicine
- 1997-2007 Head of the Outpatient Clinic for Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition
- 1997-2007 Senior Clinical Physician in the Center for internal medicine, the medical clinic I at the University Clinic in Frankfurt
- 1998 C2 University Lectureship for internal medicine (focus on gastroenterology and clinical nutrition) at the Medical Clinic II of the University Clinic Frankfurt
- 1998-2007 Head of the Functional Gastroenterology Laboratory
- 2000 C3 Professorship for internal medicine (focus on gastroenterology and clinical nutrition) at the medical clinic II of the University Hospital Frankfurt
- 2002-2007 Senior Physician and Representative of the Director of the medical clinic I of the University Clinic Frankfurt
- 2002-2007 Senior Physician of the internal intensive care unit B3 of the Centre of Internal Medicine
- 2002-2007 Managing Senior Physician at the Centre of Internal Medicine
- 2008 Managing Partner of the Crohn Colitis Center Rhein-Main
- 2008-2011 Head of the Department of gastroenterology and nutritional medicine at the Katharina Kasper Clinic
- 2012 Head of the Department of gastroenterology with GERD center at Academic Hospital Sachsenhausen Frankfurt am Main
Awards & Memberships
- 1996-1999 Chair of the selection committee of the German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases for the metabolism and nutrition section
- 1998-2000 Member of the evaluation committee of the American Gastroenterological Association (intestinal disorders section)
- 1998-2000 German representative in the management committee of the European Cooperation in Science and Technology: “Biogenically active amines in food”
- 1998-2000 Member of the scientific advisory board for enteral nutrition at Fresenius-Kabi, Bad Homburg
- 1999-2000 Member of the scientific organizing committee, European Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- 2000-2001 Scientific Director of the Else Kroner-Fresenius Foundation
- 2000-2003 Member of the selection committee of the German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases for the small and large intestine section
- 2002-2006 German Representative in the management committee of the European Cooperation in Science and Technology: “Health implications of dietary amines”
- 2003-2005 Representative of the German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases on the Board of Trustees of the German Society for Nutrition
- 2005 Member of the scientific advisory board of the German Morbus Crohn and Ulcerative Colitis Association
The multi-faceted food odorant 4-methylphenol selectively activates evolutionary conserved receptor OR9Q2.
15 November, 2023
Long-term reproductive effects of benzo(a)pyrene at environmentally relevant dose on juvenile female rats.
Epidural Analgesia Is Associated With Reduced Inpatient Opioid Consumption and Length of Stay After Wilms Tumor Resection.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Stein?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, gastroenterology, GERD, and nutritional medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Stein