Leading neurological clinics in Germany
Neurology treatment in Germany
Neurological disorders are the illness of the central and peripheral nervous systems. It includes the brain, spinal cord, cranial nerves, peripheral nerves, nerve roots, autonomic nervous system, neuromuscular junctions, and muscles. The neurological diseases involve epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, stroke, migraine and other headaches, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, neuroinfections, brain tumours, etc.
Germany is one of the most developed countries in medicine, ranking 5th in the world's list of the best medical services. More information you can find in the article German healthcare system uniqueness. Treatment of neurology diseases is also state-of-the-art in Germany. Neurological and neurosurgical departments offer their patients a wide range of services, including first-class diagnostic equipment and highly qualified neurologists who perform complex procedures.
Two thousand neurologists in Germany perform an average of 5,000 to 10,000 procedures per year. The country's government is working and implementing reforms aimed at reducing the cost of treatment. Patients from all over the world travel and carry out neurological diagnostics and treatment in Germany.
TOP 5 specialized neurological centres
German neurology is included in the list of world leaders in this field. One of the essential components of success is participating in treating each patient by a team of specialists from different specialities, which allows a comprehensive therapy. We have selected high-quality neurological clinics based on the following criterias: number of neurological patients, certification, complication rate, participating in clinical trials, etc.
The department of neurology combines the highest medical experience and modern medical and technical equipment in a friendly atmosphere. Every year, about 3,500 inpatients and several thousand outpatients are treated in the neurology department. The neurology unit at the specializes in:
- Inflammatory diseases of the nervous system;
- Movement disorders and neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, dystonia and restless leg syndrome;
- Neurodegenerative or genetic diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis;
- Neurovascular disorders such as stroke (cerebral infarction or cerebral haemorrhage), cerebral vein thrombosis, vascular inflammation or atherosclerotic narrowing (stenosis) of cerebral vessels;
- Neurooncological therapy is used for patients with primary brain tumours (gliomas, CNS lymphomas) or metastases of other primary tumours.
The department of neurology provides care to patients with diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. The key focus of the department is on epilepsy and convulsive disorders. In addition, the team collaborates closely with the pediatric neurology in diagnosing and treating paroxysmal disorders. The unit specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- Disorders of consciousness;
- Carpal tunnel syndrome;
- Damage to the nerve root;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Parkinson's disease;
- Chronic inflammation of the central nervous system;
The department of neurology provides care to patients with stroke, movement and neurological disorders. The clinic is one of the best neurological institutions in Germany. Particular attention is paid to treating multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. More than 5,000 patients are treated annually in the department. There is also a specialized stroke unit where about 700 stroke patients are treated annually and a specialized epilepsy unit where approximately 450 patients are treated annually. The unit has advanced equipment for diagnosing and treating all neurological conditions. The team specializes in:
- Parkinson's disease;
- Speech disorders;
- Memory disorders;
- multiple sclerosis;
- Alzheimer's disease;
- Muscle diseases;
- Benign and malignant tumours of the brain and spinal cord;
- Balance disorders;
- sleep disorders;
- Other conditions of dementia.
It is a private neurosurgical clinic for diagnosing and treating patients with neurological diseases. The clinic was established 12 years ago. The construction of this centre for brain research and treating neurological disorders cost 140 million euros. Architecturally, the Institute is designed to recreate the shape of the brain. The clinic is considered one of the most equipped specialized centre in the world. Every year more than 1,500 patients, half of which are from abroad, are treated at the clinic. The clinic specializes in diseases:
- Brain (for example, brain tumours, skull base tumours, cerebral haemorrhage, aneurysms, cavernomas);
- Spinal cord (tumours of the spinal cord, syringomyelia, vascular malformations);
- Spine and skeletal system (for example, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, joint diseases);
- Nerves (e.g., facial paralysis, nerve tumours, nerve damage, nerve compression syndromes).
The department of neurology offers a full range of services. It specializes in diagnosing and treating acute and chronic diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system, including inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system, movement disorders and neurovascular pathologies. The team of neurologists has extensive experience in managing patients with stroke, epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. To date, the department also conducts a unique examination of patients who have had a coronavirus infection, as it causes neurological disorders. It has excellent diagnostic capabilities, allowing doctors to detect diseases on time and develop optimal treatment regimens. The specialists of the medical institution work closely with neurosurgeons and other doctors in the hospital so that patients can count on comprehensive medical care. The department specializes in the diagnosis and cure of the following neurological diseases:
- Neurovascular disorders: strokes and their life-threatening complications;
- Neuroimmune disorders: multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, myasthenia gravis, stiffness syndrome;
- Neurodegenerative disorders: Parkinson's disease and dementia
- Severe conditions of the peripheral nervous system: plexopathy, polyneuropathy;
- Benign and malignant brain tumours;
- Chronic headaches;
- Other neurological disorders.
Choosing a neurological centre
Neurological disorders are the most dangerous pathologies and one of the common causes of death if left untreated. Staying healthy takes time, and it is often not enough. AiroMedical specialists did a great job analyzing the level of neurology treatment and survival statistics. It is done with one goal - to save time for our patients!
Our choice and rating are reasonable. The proposed clinics in Germany employ specialists who offer comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services at the highest level. Neurological centres have efficient laboratories for ultrasound and neurophysiological diagnostics. Modern medicine, individual approach and experienced doctors provide quality care, making the treatment process as quick and efficient as possible.