Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Wick
University Hospital Heidelberg
2.8 on Google
The data collected based on 20 patient reviews on Google
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Wick. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
melanoma brain metastasis
- 1990-1997 Studied human medicine at the University of Bonn, Harvard Medical School of Boston, and
- King's College London
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1998 Doctorate at the Institute for Neuropathology at the University of Bonn
- 1999-2002 Resident, Department of neurology and psychiatry, University of Tuebingen
- 2003 Obtaining specialization in neurology
- 2003 Habilitation and a teaching license for neurology
- 1998-1999 Internship, Department of neurology and psychiatry, University of Tuebingen
- 1999-2001 Research Associate in the Department of Neurology, University of Tuebingen
- 2002 Research Associate in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Tuebingen
- 2006 Vice Chairman, Department of general neurology, University of Tuebingen
- 2007-2014 Professor and Chairman, Department of neuro-oncology at the University Hospital Heidelberg
- 2014 Medical Director and Chairman, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Heidelberg
Awards & Memberships
- 1991-1997 Scholarship Holder of the German National Academic Foundation
- 1996 Research grant from the Boehringer Ingelheim Fund
- 1997 Best doctorate of the medical faculty in Bonn
- 2001 Attempto Prize for neurobiology from the University of Tuebingen
- 2003 Novartis Clinical Research Award
- 2003-2008 Junior Research Group Leader in hematopoietic stem cells and glioma of the State of Baden Wuerttemberg
- 2005 Sibylle-Assmus Award for Neurooncology
- 2006 Pette Award of the German Society of Neurology
- 2007-2014 Member of the board of the neuro-oncological working group of the German Cancer Society
- 2008 Member of the board of directors of the European Association for Neurooncology
- 2009 Member of the junior committee of the German Cancer Aid
- 2009 Key Note Lecture World Federation of Neurooncology Meeting
- 2009-2015 Chairman of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer
- 2010-2014 Member of the board of directors of the European Cancer Organization
- 2014 Spokesman for the neuro-oncological working group of the German Cancer Society
- 2015 German Cancer Award
- 2016-2018 President of the European Association of Neuro-Oncology
Semi-solid MT and APTw CEST-MRI predict clinical outcome of patients with glioma early after radiotherapy.
Integrated genetic analyses of immunodeficiency-associated Epstein-Barr virus- (EBV) positive primary CNS lymphomas.
Health-related quality-of-life results from the randomised phase II TAVAREC trial on temozolomide with or without bevacizumab in 1p/19q intact first-recurrence World Health Organization grade 2 and 3 glioma (European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer 26091).
Im Neuenheimer Feld, 672, 69120
About this place
Situated on the riverside, Heidelberg is Germany's largest city and the country's oldest university city. Heidelberg's Old Town wa
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Wick?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Wick
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Wolfgang Wick