Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Endres
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1988-1994 Medical training, University of Bochum, University of Hamburg
- 1995 Doctoral thesis, University of Hamburg
- 2001 Habilitation, Humboldt University Berlin
- 1994-1996 Resident in Neurology, Medical University of Lubeck (Prof. D Kompf)
- 1996-1998 Post-doctoral research fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School (Prof. MA Moskowitz)
- 1998-2002 Resident in Neurology, Charite Hospital (Prof. KM Einhaupl)
- 2003-2005 Heisenberg Scholarship
- 2005-2008 Lichtenberg Professorship (Volkswagen Foundation), Dept Neurology, Charite
- 2008 Offer Professor and Chair, Dept Neurology, the University of Leipzig
- 2008 Offer Professor and Chair, Dept Neurology, the University of Wurzburg
- 2008 Professor and Chair, Dept Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin
- 2008 Founding Director, Center for Stroke Research Berlin
- 2009 Medical Director, Charite Center 15 for Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry
- 2012 Offer Professor and Chair, Dept Neurology, the University of Heidelberg
- 2017 Visiting Professor, University of Oxford, GB
Awards & Memberships
- 1991-1994 German National Scholarship
- 1998 Oskar-Lapp Award, German Society Cardiology
- 1999 Nils Lassen Award, International Society Cerebral Blood Flow Metabolism
- 2000 Adolf Wallenberg Award, German Society of Neurology
- 2002 Paul Martini Award, Paul Martini Foundation
- 2003 Heisenberg Scholarship, German Research Foundation
- 2005 Lichtenberg Professor, Volkswagen Foundation
- 2008 Pette Award, German Society of Neurology
- 2009 Board of Directors, German Stroke Society
- 2010 Speaker, DFG Clinical Research Group KFO 247
- 2011 Primary investigator, German Centers for Cardiovascular Research and Neurodegenerative Diseases
- 2013 Board of Directors, International Society Cerebral Blood Flow Metabolism
- 2016 Leopoldina, National Academy of Sciences
Spreading Depolarizations Suppress Hematoma Growth in Hyperacute Intracerebral Hemorrhage in Mice.
23 August, 2023
Data lake-driven analytics identify nocturnal non-dipping of heart rate as predictor of unfavorable stroke outcome at discharge.
Myocardial injury in patients with acute ischemic stroke detected by cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Endres?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurology, neurodegenerative diseases, cerebral blood flow.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Endres