Prof. Dr. med. Christian E. Elger
epileptology, neurology, epilepsy genetics, pediatric neurology and epileptology
Work > 20 years
- 1969-1976 Studied medicine, received a doctoral degree, and a license for medical practice
- 1982 Post-doctorate in physiology
- 1982-1985 Trained as a neurologist at the Universities of Munster, Memphis, and Zurich
- 1985 Specialist in neurology
- 1986 Post-doctorate in the field of neurology
- 1985-1987 Senior Physician at the Neurology Clinic of the University of Munster
- 1987-2017 Professor of epileptology at the University of Bonn
- 1990-2017 Head of the Department of epileptology at the University Hospital Bonn
- 2017 Head of the Department of neurology at the Beta Clinic Bonn
Awards, memberships, publications
- 1986-1987 Board Member of the Westphalia-Lippe Medical Association
- 1991-1994 Member of the Advisory Council of the Ministry of Health
- 1997-1999 1st Chairman of the German Section of the International League Against Epilepsy
- 2000-2001 President of the German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology
- 2000 Member of the North Rhine-Westphalian Academy of Sciences
- 2001 Associate Editor: Epilepsy and Behaviour
- 2001-2007 Spokesman for the transregional special research area (TR3) Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- 2003 Co-founder and Partner of Life & Brain, Bonn
- 2004-2008 Associate Editor: Brain
- 2004-2008 Member of the Supervisory Board for Neurosciences for the German Research Community
- 2006-2015 Scientific General Director of Life & Brain, Bonn
- 2009 Co-founder and Director of the Center for economics and neuroscience, University of Bonn
- 1992 Marion-Merrell-Dow Promotional Prize for epilepsy research (with C. Helmstaedter, A. Hufnagel) Honorary Member of the Swiss League Against Epilepsy
- 2005 Ambassador in the International League Against Epilepsy
- 2005 Zuelch-Prize from the Gertrud-Reemtsma-Foundation in the Max-Planck-Society
- 2010 Hans-Berger-Prize for merits in the field of Epileptology
- 2011 Victor and Clara Soriano Award of the World Federation of Neurology
- 2012 European Epileptology Award of the International League Against Epilepsy
- 2015 William G Lennox Award of the American Epilepsy Society
- 2017 Moritz Romberg Award of the European Academy of Neurology
- Author of more than 1000 publications
What diseases does Prof. Dr. med. Christian E. Elger treat?
Where does the doctor practice?
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Christian E. Elger?
The primary specialization of the doctor is epileptology, neurology, epilepsy genetics, pediatric neurology and epileptology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Christian E. Elger has been practising for more than 38 years.
If you have any questions, you can go to the contact form and send your request