Prof. Dr. med. Pierluigi Nicotera, Ph.D.
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1982 Studied human medicine at the University of Pavia
- 1986 Defense of the dissertation at the Karolinska Institute of Stockholm
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Obtaining specialization in neurodegenerative diseases
- 1986-1989 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Karolinska Institute of Stockholm
- 1987 Cardiology Consultant, University of Pavia
- 1989-1994 Senior University Lecturer, Karolinska Institute of Stockholm
- 1992 Docent in molecular toxicology, Karolinska Institute of Stockholm
- 1995-2000 C4 Professor of molecular toxicology, University of Konstanz
- 1996-2002 Foreign Adjunct Professor in toxicology, Karolinska Institute of Stockholm
- 2002-2009 Director of the British medical research council toxicology unit and Honorary Professor of Neuroscience, Department of cell physiology and pharmacology, University of Leicester
- 2005-2008 Teaching Professor of toxicology, faculty of pharmacy, University of Siena
- 2009 Scientific Director and Chairman of the executive board, Department of neurodegenerative diseases at the University Hospital Bonn
Awards & Memberships
- 1992 “Nuclear Calcium Signalling” Lecture at the 20th Nobel conference on calcium signaling
- 1992 The International Life Science Institute Research Foundation Award
- 1995 The EUROTOX Award Lecture, 1st G. Zbinden Memorial Lecture Award
- 1999 The Jacob Hooisma Honorary Lecture at the 7th meeting of the International Neurotoxicology Association of Leicester
- 2002 “Molecular switches in neuronal cell death” Lecture at the 37th Nobel conference on apoptosis
- 2003 The Chancellor’s Award Lecture in Neuroscience at Neuroscience Center of Excellence of New Orleans
- 2010 The Cardano Prize of the University of Pavia and Rotary Club Pavia
- 2012 Honorary Citizenship and Key to the City of New Orleans
- 2013 The Chancellor’s Award Lecture in Neuroscience at Neuroscience Center of Excellence of New Orleans
Safety of Onabotulinumtoxin A in Chronic Migraine: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials.
12 May, 2023
BCL7A-containing SWI/SNF/BAF complexes modulate mitochondrial bioenergetics during neural progenitor differentiation.
1 December, 2022
NAbiximols Clinical Translation To the treatment of Pain and Agitation In Severe Dementia (NACTOPAISD): Clinical trial protocol.
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Pierluigi Nicotera, Ph.D.?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurology, toxicology, neurodegenerative diseases.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Pierluigi Nicotera, Ph.D.