Prof. Dr. med. Tanja N. Fehm, Ph.D.
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1990-1997 Study of human medicine at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1998 Doctorate
- 1998 Ph.D., Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg: "Evaluation of CA 15-3 microparticle enzyme immunoassay"
- 1998-2005 Specialized training at the Women's Clinic Erlangen, University Hospital Erlangen, and University Women's Clinic, University Hospital Tuebingen
- 1999-2001 Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Center of cancer immunobiology, Southwestern Medical School of University in Texas
- 2002 Residency at the University Women's Hospital in Erlangen
- 2002-2005 Residency at the University Women's Hospital in Tuebingen
- Obtaining specialization in gynecology and obstetrics
- 2005 Habilitation in gynecologic oncology at the Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen: "The value of genotyping for the detection of malignant neoplasms of circulating epithelial cells in patients with breast cancer"
- 2007 Premature awarding of the scientific title "docent" at the Eberhard Karl University of Tuebingen
- 2009 Received additional specialization in palliative medicine
- 2010 Obtaining additional specialization in gynecologic oncology
- 2012 Received additional specialization in special obstetrics and perinatal medicine
- 1998-1999 Doctor in an internship at the University Women's Hospital Erlangen
- 2001 Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Center of cancer immunobiology, Southwestern Medical School of University in Texas
- 2005 Appointed Senior Physician, Clinical Director of the section for translational gynecologic oncology at the University Women's Hospital Tubingen
- 2006 Visiting Professor, Center of breast cancer research at the University of Indianapolis, Indiana (Prof. Dr. G. Sledge)
- 2007 Visiting Professor, Center of breast cancer in Houston (Prof. Dr. M. Cristofanilli)
- 2009-2012 Senior Physician in gynecologic oncology
- 2011 Member of the board of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Tuebingen
- 2012 Visiting Professor at the Center for gynecologic oncology, University College London Hospital (Prof. Widschwendter) and the Galaxy Care Laparoscopy Institute in Pune (Dr. Puntambekar)
- 2012 W3 Professorship in gynecology and obstetrics at the University Women's Hospital in Wurzburg
- 2012 W3 Professorship in gynecology and obstetrics at the University Women's Hospital in Dusseldorf
- 2013 Director, Department of gynecology and obstetrics with breast center, University Hospital Dusseldorf
Awards & Memberships
- 2005 University Teacher Award for the specialty "Gynecological Oncology"
- 2007 University Teacher Award for the specialty "Gynecological Oncology"
- 2009 Mammazone Scientific Award
- 2012-2018 Spokeswoman of the working group on gynecological oncology
- 2013 Member of the committee for the Prevention of German Cancer Care
- 2014 Member of the American Society of Pelvic Surgeons
- 2014 Gunther Bastert Innovation Award, German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- 2014-2018 Board Member of the German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- 2016 Member of the board of the Dusseldorf School of Oncology
- 2016-2020 Member of the special commission of the German Research Foundation
- 2017 Consortium "DETECT-CTC", German Cancer Support
- 2017 Consortium "Prevention of brain metastases", German Cancer Care
- 2020 Member of the Leopoldina National Academy of Sciences
- Representative of the working group on gynecological oncology
- Member of the steering group of ovarian and mammary gland research
- Member of the working group on Mamma gynecological oncology
- Member of the editorial board of the magazine "Oncology" and "Senology"
- Mentor German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Member of the advisory board of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Tuebingen
Association Between Obesity and Circulating Tumor Cells in Early Breast Cancer Patients.
Association of the CHEK2 c.1100delC variant, radiotherapy, and systemic treatment with contralateral breast cancer risk and breast cancer-specific survival.
3 July, 2023
Update Mammakarzinom 2022 Teil 6 – Brustkrebs in fortgeschrittenen Krankheitsstadien
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Tanja N. Fehm, Ph.D.?
The primary specialization of the doctor is breast surgery, gynecologic oncology, obstetrics and perinatal medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Tanja N. Fehm, Ph.D.