Prof. Dr. med. Marion Kiechle
gynaecology, obstetrics, mammology
Work > 20 years
- 1979-1986 Medical School, Albert-Ludwig University Freiburg
- 1986 Doctor of Medical Sciences
- 1986 Doctor's license
- 1989 GCP Training
- 1997 Doctor's degree, thesis on the "Detection and characterization of EGF-similar factors in ovarian carcinoma" at Prof. Dr. T. Bauknecht, University Gynecological Clinic Freiburg (Director: Prof. Dr. A. Pfleiderer)
- 1987-1989 Fellowship of the German Research Foundation: Institute for Human Genetics at the University of Freiburg (Director: Prof. Dr. U. Wolf), Cancer Center of the Southwest Biomed, Research Institute, Scottsdale, Arizona/USA (Director: Prof. Dr. A. A. Sandberg)
- 1989-1995 Residency, Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University Women's Clinic Freiburg (Director: Prof. Dr. A. Pfleiderer)
- 1995 Specialist in obstetrics and gynecology
- 1995 Post-doctoral lecturing qualification (habilitation) at the University Women's Clinic Freiburg and obtaining of Venia Legendi for obstetrics and gynecology: “The importance of cytogenetics exemplified by gynecologic neoplasia”
- 1999 Completion of the facultative course “Special Operative Gynaecology”
- 1986 Internship in District Hospital Tuttlingen
- 1986-1987 Medical activity in the Cardiological practice of Dr. Sommer, Offenburg
- 1995-1996 Chief physician for obstetrics and gynecology at the University Women's Clinic Freiburg
- 1996-1997 Senior Physician of the University Women's Clinic Kiel and Leader of the Oncologic Laboratory (Director: Prof. Dr. W. Jonat)
- 1998-2000 Leading Senior Physician of the Department for gynecology, gynecological oncology, and obstetrics of the University Women's Clinic Kiel
- 1999 Chair for obstetrics and gynecology at the Technical University of Munich
- 2000 Director of the Department of gynecology, obstetrics, mammology, and breast center at University Hospital rechts der Isar Munich
- 2000 Extraordinary Professor of the Christian-Albrecht University of Kiel
- 2000 Listed for the appointment for the Chair for Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University Maastricht
- 2000 Director and Сhair (C-4 Professorship) of the Women's Clinic rechts der Isar Munich
Awards, memberships, publications
- 1989 Leader of several research projects sponsored by the German Research Foundation, German Cancer Aid, and Ministry of Research and Technology of the German Government Investigator of clinical studies in breast and ovarian cancer, both phase II and phase III
- 1998 Schmidt-Matthiessen-Prize of the Working Group for Gynecological Oncology of the German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics
- 2001 Leader of the Bioethics Committee of the Bavarian Government
- 2001 Chairman of the Bioethics Commission of the Bavarian State Government
- 2002 Deputy chair of the Central Ethics Committee for Stem Cell Research
- 2002 Member of the Central Ethical Committee for Stem Cell Research of the German Government
- 2003-2004 Senator of the German Research Council
- 2006 Trustee of the Insitute of Advanced Studies of the Technical University of Munich
- 2007 Senator of the Technical University of Munich
- 2007 Federal Cross of Merit
- 2018 Served as Bavarian Minister of State for Science and the Arts
- Member of the German Society of Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Author of more than 800 publications
What diseases does Prof. Dr. med. Marion Kiechle treat?
Where does the doctor practice?
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Marion Kiechle?
The primary specialization of the doctor is gynaecology, obstetrics, mammology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Marion Kiechle has been practising for more than 37 years.
If you have any questions, you can go to the contact form and send your request