Prof. Dr. med. Markus M. Nothen
University Hospital Bonn
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Markus M. Nothen. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
bipolar affective disorder
coronary artery calcification
pattern hair loss
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
mild cognitive impairment
colorectal adenomatous polyposis
- 1983-1989 Studied medicine at the University of Wuerzburg
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1992 Doctorate at the University of Wuerzburg
- 1995 Obtaining specialization in human genetics
- 1996 Habilitation and teaching license in human genetics at the University of Bonn
- 1990-1991 Internship, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn
- 1990-2001 Research Associate, Institute for Human Genetics, University of Bonn
- 1991-1996 Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn
- 1996-2001 Assistant Professor, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn
- 1999-2001 Assistant Medical Director, Institute of Human Genetics University of Bonn
- 2001-2004 Head, Department of medical genetics, University of Antwerp
- 2004 Head, Department of genomics, Life and Brain Center, University of Bonn
- 2004 Professor, Genetic Medicine, University of Bonn
- 2006-2014 Vice Dean for research, medical faculty, University of Bonn
- 2008 Director and Chair, Department of human genetics at the University Hospital Bonn
Awards & Memberships
- 2005 Elected Member of the board of the International Society of Psychiatric Genetics
- 2006 Member of the medical advisory board at the National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- 2007 Member of the scientific advisory board at the Institute of Science and Ethics, Bonn
- 2007 Member of the medical advisory board at the National Foundation for Legasthenia and Dyscalculia
- 2008-2013 Elected Member of the project committee of the National Genome Research Network
- 2009 Hermann Emminghausen-Prize
- 2010 Member of the scientific advisory board of the Medical Research Council, Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics of Cardiff
- 2010 Member of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina
- 2010-2012 Spokesman of the project committee of the National Genome Research Network
- 2011 Elected Member of the board of the European Society of Human Genetics
- 2012 Chair of the international advisory board of iPSYCH Lundbeck Foundation
- 2013 Member of the scientific advisory board of the Leipzig Research Center for Civilization Diseases
- 2013 Member of the scientific advisory board of the Dr. Margarete Fischer-Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and the Robert Bosch Hospital
- 2014-2015 Spokesman of the project committee of the National EMed Programme
- 2015 Elected Member of the project committee of the National EMed Programme
- 2015 Scientific Director, Life, and Brain, Bonn
- 2016 Member of the national genetic diagnostic commission of the German Medical Association
Association between urinary iodine excretion, genetic disposition and fluid intelligence in children, adolescents and young adults: the DONALD study.
Addressing Global Environmental Challenges to Mental Health Using Population Neuroscience: A Review.
23 August, 2023
Corrigendum to "Dissecting the genetic heterogeneity of gastric cancer".
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Markus M. Nothen?
The primary specialization of the doctor is genetics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Markus M. Nothen
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Markus M. Nothen