Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Kurth
University Hospital Aachen
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Kurth. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
loss pain perception
hereditary spastic paraplegia
alveolar capillary dysplasia
congenital limb malformations
cerebellar oculomotor dysfunction
- 1994-2001 Medical school at the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2001 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 2002-2004 Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg (with Thomas Jentsch)
- 2003 Defense of the dissertation
- 2010 Obtaining specialization in human genetics
- 2010 Habilitation and teaching license in human genetics
- 2010-2016 Senior Physician, Head of the molecular genetic diagnostic, Functional Genetics Group Leader, Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital in Jena
- 2016 Full professor, Director of the Department of human genetics at the University Hospital Aachen
Awards & Memberships
- 2003 Faculty Award of the Medical Faculty, the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2003 Borchers Medal for a distinguished doctoral thesis, the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2004-2006 Research Fellowship, human genetics/pediatrics, University Hospital Hamburg Funded by the German Research Foundation
- 2006-2010 Group Leader, Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital in Hamburg
- 2009 Werner Otto Foundation Award for Outstanding Medical Research
- 2010 Lecture Award of the German Society of Human Genetics
- 2014 Pain Research Award, Grunenthal Award (1st place)
- 2015 Thuringian award for basic science
- 2016 Heisenberg Professorship on molecular neurogenetics at the German Research Foundation
- 2018 PAULA Award for Excellent Teaching, the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
Prognostic biomarkers for the response to the radiosensitizer nimorazole combined with RCTx: a pre-clinical trial in HNSCC xenografts.
26 August, 2023
New insights into RAS in head and neck cancer.
22 August, 2023
DNA-Methylome-Based Tumor Hypoxia Classifier Identifies HPV-Negative Head and Neck Cancer Patients at Risk for Locoregional Recurrence after Primary Radiochemotherapy.
15 August, 2023
Pauwelsstraße, 30, 52074
About this place
Aachen is a city in western Germany in North Rhine-Westphalia, located a few kilometers from Belgium and the Netherlands border. T
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Kurth?
The primary specialization of the doctor is human genetics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Kurth
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Kurth