Prof. Dr. med. Cornelius Bollheimer
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1995 Medical examination at Ruprecht-Karl University in Heidelberg
- 1995 Promotion to Dr. of medicine at the Institute of Biochemistry II at the Ruprecht-Karl Heidelberg University: “Enzymatic analysis of surface glycans on intact cells using fluorescent sialic acids and cytometry”
- 1995-1997 Postdoctoral Research in experimental diabetology at Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School in Boston, and at Gifford Laboratories of Southwestern Medical School in Dallas
- 2001 Obtaining specialization in nutriology
- 2004 Habilitation in experimental internal medicine at the University of Regensburg: “Influence of free fatty acids on insulin production of the endocrine pancreas: significance for the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes mellitus”
- 2005 Received additional specialization in internal medicine
- 2008 Obtaining additional specialization in endocrinology
- 2011 Received additional specialization in geriatrics, certificate of the European Academy of Geriatric Medicine
- 2012 Obtaining additional specialization in diabetology
- 1997-2005 Assistant Physician in the Department of internal medicine I of the University of Regensburg
- 2005 Private Associate Professor in the Department of internal medicine at the University of Regensburg
- 2005-2011 Senior Doctor in the Department of internal medicine I at the University of Regensburg (director: Prof. Dr. J. Schelmerich)
- 2008-2011 Secondment of a Senior Doctor in the Department of internal medicine and geriatrics at the Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Director: Prof. Dr. K. Sieber, MD)
- 2009-2011 Researcher at the Research College of Geriatrics of the Robert Bosch Foundation
- 2011-2016 University Professor (W2) in the Department of internal medicine and geriatrics at the Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2013-2016 Deputy Chief Physician in the Department of general internal medicine and geriatrics at the Barmherzige Bruder Hospital in Regensburg
- 2016-2019 Director in the Department of internal medicine and geriatrics at the Franziska Hospital in Aachen
- 2020 University Professor (W3) and Director of the Department of geriatrics (elderly medicine) at the University Hospital Aachen
Estimation of Step Length With Wearable Thigh Sensor Using an Unscented Kalman Filter.
Step Length Estimation with Wearable Wrist Sensor using ANN.
A Wearable, Multi-Frequency Device to Measure Muscle Activity Combining Simultaneous Electromyography and Electrical Impedance Myography.
2 March, 2022
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Cornelius Bollheimer?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, nutriology, and geriatrics, endocrinology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Cornelius Bollheimer