Prof. Dr. med. Claus Franz Vogelmeier
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1975-1982 Scholarship of the Bavarian Ministry of Education
- 1987-1989 Research Fellowship, a section of pulmonology, National Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda
- 1994 Habilitation
- Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- Received additional qualifications in the field of pulmonary and bronchial medicine
- Obtaining further specialization in allergology and cardiology
- 1984-1987 Assistant Physician in the Department of internal medicine I
- 1989-1994 Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- 1994-1996 Acting Head of the Department of pulmonology
- 1997 Clinical Senior Physician of the Department of internal medicine I
- 1998-2001 Head of the Department of pulmonology
- 2001 Director, Department of pulmonology at the University Hospital Marburg
Awards & Memberships
- 1993 Curt Dehner Award for research on pulmonary emphysema
- 1998-2009 Member of the scientific advisory board of the Society for Lung and Respiration Research
- 2002 Board Member of the Respiratory League
- 2004-2012 Member of the Medical College of the German Research Foundation
- 2004-2009 Board Member of the Academy for Advanced Training of the Medical Association of the State of Hesse
- 2005-2014 Board Member of the Center for Joint Research SFB TR 22
- 2008 Representative of the Network for Bronchial Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- 2008 Chairman of the dissertation board at the Phillips University of Marburg
- 2009-2011 President of the German Society of Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine
- 2009 Member of the scientific committee of the Global Initiative on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
- 2011 Member of the scientific advisory board of the Leibniz Center for Medicine and Biological Sciences of Borstel
- 2014 Fellow of the European Society of Respiratory Medicine
- 2015 Chairman of the board of the German Lung Foundation
- 2016 Member of the editorial board at the Lancet Respiratory Medicine
Icenticaftor, a CFTR Potentiator, in COPD: A Multicenter, Parallel-Group, Double-Blind Clinical Trial.
15 August, 2023
Teaching medicine web-based with the help of interactive audience response systems.
15 August, 2023
[Diagnosis and treatment of asthma: a guideline for respiratory specialists 2023 - published by the German Respiratory Society (DGP) e. V.].
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Claus Franz Vogelmeier?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, pulmonary, and allergology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Claus Franz Vogelmeier