Prof. Dr. med. Bernhard Schieffer
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1986-1992 Studied human medicine at the Albert-Ludwigs-University (Erasmus Scholarship)
- 1992 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1987-1990 Defense of the dissertation: “The role of the RAAS in experimental heart failure”
- 1992-1993 Clinical residency at the Department of cardiology and angiology at the University Hospital Freiburg
- 1994-1995 Post-doc research fellowship at EMORY University of Atlanta, supported by German Research Foundation training grant
- 1996-2001 Clinical residency, Department of cardiology and angiology at the Hannover Medical School
- 2000 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 2001 Assistant Professor of cardiology
- 2004 Received additional qualifications in the field of interventional cardiology
- Obtaining further specialization in angiology
- 2004-2009 Head of the cath-lab and intensive care unit at the University Hospital Marburg
- 2009-2012 Vice-Director of the Department, Department of cardiology, angiology and internal intensive care at the University Hospital Marburg
- 2012-2021 Director, Department of cardiology, angiology, and internal intensive care at the University Hospital Marburg
- 2020 Director of the Center for emergency medicine at the University Hospital Marburg
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the German Society of Cardiology
Comparative analysis of full-length 16s ribosomal RNA genome sequencing in human fecal samples using primer sets with different degrees of degeneracy.
26 July, 2023
Corrigendum: The rationale for the treatment of long-COVID esymptoms-a cardiologist's view.
21 July, 2023
Delayed perforation of an atrial pacemaker electrode: Lifelong risk for a rare but serious complication.
15 June, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Bernhard Schieffer?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, angiology, and interventional cardiology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Bernhard Schieffer