Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Enk
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1982-1988 Studied human medicine at the Wilhelm University of Westphalia
- 1984-1988 Doctorate, Department of dermatology at the University of Muenster: "Production of IFNγ by epidermal Langerhans cells after stimulation"
- 1990 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1990-1992 Postdoctoral Fellow at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda
- 1993 Obtaining specialization in the skin and venereal diseases
- 1994 Received additional qualification in the field of allergology
- 1995 Habilitation and teaching license in dermatology and venereology at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz: "Early molecular changes in the induction phase of allergic contact dermatitis"
- 1988 Internship of the Department of dermatology at the University of Muenster (Prof. Dr. E. Macher)
- 1989-1990 Internship of the Department of dermatology at the University of Mainz (Prof. Dr. J. Knop)
- 1994-1997 Assistant Doctor, Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz
- 1997 Senior Consultant at the Department of dermatology at the University of Mainz
- 1997 C3 Professorship, Senior Physician, Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz
- 2002 Full Professor and Chairman of the Department of dermatology and venereology, Philipps University Marburg
- 2003 Full Professor and Chairman of the Department of dermatology and venereology, University Hospital Essen
- 2004 Full Professor and Chairman, Department of dermatology and skin oncology at the University Hospital Heidelberg
Awards & Memberships
- 1983-1988 Scholarship Holder of the German National Academic Foundation
- 1990-1992 Research grant from the German Research Foundation
- 1992 Best Fellow Award from the National Institutes of Health
- 1992 Fogarty Scholarship from the National Institutes of Health
- 1994 Herbert Herxheimer Prize of the German Society for Allergology and Clinical Immunology
- 2004 Honorary Member of the Austrian Society for Dermatology and Venereology
- 2007 Supporting Member of the European Society for Dermatology Research
- 2009 Honorary Member of the Hungarian Society of Dermatology and Venereology
- 2009 Member of the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina
- 2009-2013 Member of the scientific advisory board of the Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research in Muenster
- 2010-2013 Secretary General and President of the European Society for Dermatology Research
- 2013 President of the world congress "International Investigative Dermatology"
- 2013-2015 Secretary General of the German Dermatological Society
- 2014 Honorary Member of the Japan Society for Investigative Dermatology
- 2014 President of the International Society for Investigative Dermatology
- 2016 President of the German Dermatological Society
- 2017 Corresponding Member of the Swiss Society for Dermatology and Venereology
- 2017 Honorary Member of the Austrian Society for Dermatology and Venereology
- 2018 Honorary Member of the Society for Investigative Dermatology
- 2018 Honorary Member of the French Society of Dermatology
Lymphatic vessel involvement in primary cutaneous B-cell lymphoma: A common finding?
Cardiovascular comorbidity in psoriasis - psoriatic inflammation is more than just skin deep.
Assessment of Diagnostic Performance of Dermatologists Cooperating With a Convolutional Neural Network in a Prospective Clinical Study: Human With Machine.
1 June, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Enk?
The primary specialization of the doctor is dermatology and venereology, dermatological oncology, allergology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Enk