Prof. Dr. med. Gernot Rohde
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1991-1994 Studied human medicine at Ruhr University Bochum
- 1994-1996 Studied human medicine at the University Louis Pasteur of Strasbourg
- 1996-1997 Studied human medicine at Ruhr University Bochum
- 1998 Medical examination
- 1999 Promotion: “Increase in non-specific bronchial hyperresponsiveness in the absence of a specific response to isocyanates in isocyanate-induced asthma”, Ruhr University Bochum and Louis Pasteur University of Strasbourg
- 2004 Specialist in internal medicine
- 2004 Long-term fellowship, European Respiratory Society
- 2004-2005 Fellowship at the Department of respiratory medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Wright Fleming Institute of Infection and Immunity, Imperial College London (Supervisor: Prof.Sebastian L.Johnston)
- 2006 Habilitation with distinction for internal medicine, Ruhr University Bochum
- 2006 Specialist in pneumology
- 2007 Additional designation in infectious diseases
- 2008 Additional designation sleep medicine
- 2008 Additional qualification in allergology
- 1998-2004 Assistant doctor at the Medical Clinic III, pneumology, allergology, sleep and respiratory medicine, Bergmannsheil trade association clinics, Ruhr University Hospital (Physician: Prof. Dr. G. Schultze-Werninghaus)
- 2005-2006 Assistant doctor at the Medical Clinic III, pneumology, allergology, sleep and respiratory medicine, Professional Association Clinics Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Hospital (Ltd. Physician: Prof. Dr. G. Schultze-Werninghaus)
- 2006-2010 Senior Physician at Medical Clinic III, pneumology, allergology, sleep and respiratory medicine, Professional Association Clinics Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Hospital
- 2007 Junior Professor for lung infections, Ruhr University Bochum
- 2010-2017 Associate Professor for respiratory medicine, Head of respiratory infections, Head of the outpatient department and cystic fibrosis team, Maastricht University Medical Center
- 2011 Associate Professor, Maastricht University Medical Center
- 2011 Principal Investigator, German Lung Center
- 2017 Head of the Department of adult and pediatric pneumology and allergology at University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University
Awards & Memberships
- 2000 Respiratory Infections Award, European Respiratory Society
- 2003 Curt-Dehner Prize of the Society for Lung and Respiratory Research
- 2007 Faculty Prize for clinical research at the Ruhr University in Bochum
- 2010 Member of the Cystic Fibrosis Team, Maastricht University Medical Center
- 2010 Commission for antimicrobial substances, Maastricht University Medical Center
- 2011 Executive committee of International Severe Acute Respiratory and Emerging Infection Consortium
- 2013 Education Chair-Elect, European Respiratory Society
- 2013 Director, European Respiratory Society HERMES
- 2014 Education Chair, European Respiratory Society
- 2014 Leader of Cystic Fibrosis Team, Maastricht University Medical Center
- 2017 1st Chairman of the Frankfurt working group on pneumology and allergology
- 2017 Task Force Chair, European Respiratory Society
- 2018 Board of Directors, German Airway League
- A spokesman for the section, German Society for Pneumology and Respiratory Medicine
[Measures and Recommendations for Ensuring Adequate Inpatient Care Capacities for Pandemic Management within a Region: Results of a Hybrid Delphi Method].
21 August, 2023
What outcomes do studies use to measure the impact of prognostication on people with advanced cancer? Findings from a systematic review of quantitative and qualitative studies.
10 August, 2023
Analysis of acute COVID-19 including chronic morbidity: protocol for the deep phenotyping National Pandemic Cohort Network in Germany (NAPKON-HAP).
11 July, 2023
About this place
Where does the doctor practice?
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Gernot Rohde?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pneumology, infectious diseases, sleep medicine, and allergology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Gernot Rohde