Prof. Dr. med. Stephen Achenbach
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1993 Studied human medicine at the University of Erlangen
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation
- Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- Received additional qualifications in the field of cardiology
- Chairman and Professor, Department of internal medicine (cardiology and angiology) at the University Hospital Erlangen
Awards & Memberships
- 1999 Jan Brod Award for Clinical Research of the Medical School of Hannover
- 2007 Thomas C. Cesario Distinguished Visiting Professorship Award from the University of California Irvine School of Medicine
- 2009 Simon Dack Award from the American College of Cardiology
- 2012 Board of the European Society of Cardiology
- 2012-2014 Councillor of the European Society of Cardiology
- 2014-2016 Vice President of the European Society of Cardiology
- 2015 Gold Medal of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- 2016 Sir Godfrey Hounsfield Memorial Award of the British Institute of Radiology
- 2016-2018 Chairman of the Congress Programme Committee from the European Society of Cardiology
- 2018-2020 President-Elect of the European Society of Cardiology
- 2020-2022 President of the European Society of Cardiology
- Founding President of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
Comparison of oral anticoagulation by vitamin-K antagonists and non-vitamin-K antagonists for treatment of leaflet thickening after transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI).
1 September, 2023
Timing of Complete Revascularization with Multivessel PCI for Myocardial Infarction.
27 August, 2023
[Coronary CT angiography and coronary atherosclerosis : Where do we stand today?].
25 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Stephen Achenbach?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, cardiology, and angiology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Stephen Achenbach