Prof. Dr. med. Sven Dittrich
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1982-1984 Study of sociology in Kiel
- 1984 Studied human medicine at the Christian Albrecht University of Kiel
- 1991 Defense of the dissertation at the Christian Albrecht University of Kiel: “Ontogeny of the calcium-binding protein parvalbumin in the rat nervous system”
- Specialist training in the field of pediatrics and youth medicine
- 1998 Obtaining specialization in pediatric and adolescent medicine
- 1998 Received additional qualifications in the field of pediatric cardiology
- 2000 Obtaining further specialization in special pediatric intensive care
- 2001-2002 Habilitation and a teaching license at the Humboldt University of Berlin and Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg: “Studies of kidneys in the treatment of congenital heart defects”
- 2008 Received additional qualifications in the field of treatment of adults with congenital heart defects
- 1991-1995 Intern and Assistant Physician, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Kaiserslautern
- 1995-2000 Department for congenital heart diseases and pediatric cardiology at the German Heart Center in Berlin
- 2000-2005 Managing Senior Physician, Department for congenital heart diseases and pediatric cardiology at the University Hospital Freiburg
- 2005 Extraordinary Professor for pediatric and adolescent medicine at the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg
- 2006-2007 Acting Head of the Department for congenital heart diseases and pediatric cardiology at the University Hospital Freiburg
- 2007 Professor and Head, Department of pediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery at the University Hospital Erlangen
Awards & Memberships
- 1999 Member of the German Society for Pediatric Cardiology
- 2003 Member of the Association for European Pediatric Cardiology
- 2003 Founding Member of the "Save children's hearts"
- 2008 Member of the scientific advisory board of the German Heart Foundation
- 2008 Member of the project group "National Quality Assurance" of the German Society of Pediatric Cardiology
- 2010 Member of the Governing Council for Clinical and Registration Research in the Network of Competence for Congenital Heart Diseases
- Member of the German Society of Cardiology
- Member of the guideline committee of the German Society for Pediatric Cardiology
- Member of the National Quality Assurance of Congenital Heart Defects
- Peer Review Activities in Journal American College of Cardiology, Annals of Thoracic Surgery, European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Intensive Care Medicine, Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy, Annals of Hematology, Pediatric Nephrology, Archives of Medical Research, Canadian Institute of Health Research, Eastern Journal of Medicine, European Journal of Pediatrics, and Clinical Pediatrics
Implementation of point-of-care testing of C-reactive protein concentrations to improve antibiotic targeting in respiratory illness in Vietnamese primary care: a pragmatic cluster-randomised controlled trial.
First long-term outcome data for the MicraVR™ transcatheter pacing system: data from the largest prospective German cohort.
22 August, 2023
Point-of-care prognostication in moderate Covid-19: Analytical validation and prognostic accuracy of a soluble urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (suPAR) rapid test.
21 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Sven Dittrich?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pediatric cardiology, and pediatric intensive care.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Sven Dittrich