Prof. Dr. med. Markus F. Neurath
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1984-1990 Studied human medicine at the Philipp University of Marburg
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1990 Received a doctorate with honors at the Johann Gutenberg University in Mainz
- 1992 Fellowship at the University Hospital Mainz
- 1997 Obtained the qualification of an internal medicine
- 1998 Habilitation and a teaching license
- Received additional qualifications in the field of gastroenterology
- Internship, Department of medicine at the Johann Gutenberg University in Mainz
- 1992-1995 Worked for Warren Strober at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda
- Assistant at the Johann Gutenberg University in Mainz
- Associate Professor, Brigham Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School of Boston
- 1999 Visiting Professor in the Department of gastroenterology at Brigham and Woman's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston
- 2001 Professor of molecular gastroenterology at the Johann Gutenberg University in Mainz
- Сo-Director of the Clinic and Director of the Institute of Molecular Medicine
- 2003 Department of Endoscopy
- Dean, Department of Medicine, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Department of internal medicine (gastroenterology, pneumology, and endocrinology) at the University Hospital Erlangen
Awards & Memberships
- 2000 Theodor Frerich Prize
- 2000 Tannhauser Prize of the German Society of Gastroenterology
- 2005 Norbert Henning Prize at the University of Erlangen
- 2006 Ernst Young Award
- 2008 Research Prize of the United European Gastroenterological Federation
IL-3 receptor signalling suppresses chronic intestinal inflammation by controlling mechanobiology and tissue egress of regulatory T cells.
4 August, 2023
A spotlight on intestinal permeability and inflammatory bowel diseases
Contrast-Enhanced Multispectral Optoacoustic Tomography for Functional Assessment of the Gastrointestinal Tract.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Markus F. Neurath?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, gastroenterology, pneumology, and endocrinology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Markus F. Neurath