Prof. Dr. med. Marco Prinz
University Hospital Freiburg
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Marco Prinz. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
central nervous system
focal cortical dysplasia
nervous system inflammation
- 1990-1996 Studied human medicine at the Humboldt University in Berlin
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1997 Defense of the dissertation at the Humboldt University in Berlin
- 1997-1998 Postdoc in cellular neuroscience at the Max-Delbrueck Centre for Molecular Medicine of Berlin
- Obtaining specialization in neuropathology
- 2001-2002 Research Fellow at the Institute of Neuropathology of the University of Zurich
- 2004 Habilitation and a teaching license at the Medical School of Georg-August University of Goettingen
- 1999-2002 Postdoc and Medical Doctor of the Institute of Neuropathology at the University of Zuerich
- 2004 Consultant for neuropathology at the Institute of Neuropathology, Georg-August University of Goettingen
- 2007 Lecturer of neuropathology at the Georg-August University of Goettingen
- 2008 W3 Full Professor and Director of the Department of neuropathology at the University Hospital Freiburg
Awards & Memberships
- 2002-2008 Group Leader at the Institute of Neuropathology of the Georg-August-University of Goettingen
- 2004 Creutzfeldt Prize from the University of Kiel
- 2005 Pfizer Research Prize for medicine from the University of Freiburg
- 2006 Young Investigator Award from the International Cytokine Society in Vienna
- 2007 Hans Georg Queckenstedt Prize from the German Multiple Sclerosis Society
- 2010-2015 Co-Speaker of the Research Unit FOR1336 at the German Research Foundation: "Brain macrophages"
- 2013 Writer Prize from the Cluster of Excellence BIOSS
- 2014 Writer Prize from the Cluster of Excellence BIOSS
- 2014 Sobek Prize
- 2014 Co-Organisator of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory conference "Microglia, guardians of the brain" in Heidelberg
- 2015 Writer Prize from the Cluster of Excellence BIOSS
- 2015 Reinhart-Koselleck grant
- 2017 Coordinator of the SFB/TRR167 "NeuroMac"
- 2017 Co-Organizer of the Cell symposium "Neuroinflammation" in Sitges
- 2017-2020 Speaker of the SFB-CRC/TR167 "NeuroMac ": "Myeloid cells in the central nervous system"
- 2018 Organizer of the Keystone conference "Microglia" in the USA
Fate mapping reveals compartment-specific clonal expansion of mononuclear phagocytes during kidney disease.
Freiburg Neuropathology Case Conference : Recurrent Speech Arrest, Neologistic Jargon Aphasia, and Impaired Memory Function in a 39-year-old Patient.
Eos and OMOCL: Towards a seamless integration of openEHR records into the OMOP Common Data Model.
Hugstetter Str., 55, 79106
About this place
Freiburg, located on the southern edge of the German Black Forest, is a university town famous for its medieval center. Its cobble
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Marco Prinz?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neuropathology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Marco Prinz
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Marco Prinz