Prof. Dr. med. Horst Schroten
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1976-1982 Studied human medicine at the Heinrich Heine University in Duesseldorf
- 1982 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1985 Defense of the dissertation at the University of Duesseldorf
- Training grant from the German Research Foundation at the Institute for Immunobiology at the University of Cologne
- 1986-1992 Scientific Assistant at the Children's Clinic of the University Hospital in Duesseldorf
- Obtaining specialization in pediatrics
- 1992 Habilitation and a teaching license
- Research stays at the University Children's Hospital Oxford and Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- 1998 Received additional qualifications in the field of pediatric infectious disease from the German Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Obtaining further specialization in allergology and neonatology
- Military Doctor in the Bundeswehr
- 1984 Assistant Doctor in anesthesia and intensive care medicine at the St. Lukas Clinic in Solingen
- 1997 Senior Physician
- 2000 Deputy Clinic Director of the Department of general pediatrics at the University Hospital in Duesseldorf
- 2001 Provisional management of neonatology and pediatric intensive care
- 2004 C3 Professorship for pediatric infectiology at the Heinrich Heine University in Duesseldorf
- 2008 Director, Department of pediatrics at the University Hospital Mannheim
- 2008 Chair of general pediatrics at the Mannheim medical faculty of the University of Heidelberg
Awards & Memberships
- 2001-2005 Chairman of the German Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- German Society for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
- Founder and Chairman of the Infection pathogenesis committee of the German Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Member of the European Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Member of the German Society for Hygiene and Microbiology
- Member of the German Society for Pediatric Pneumology
- Member of the commission for anti-infectives, resistance, and therapy at the Robert Koch Institute
- Member of the expert advisory board on pandemic respiratory tract infections at the Robert Koch Institute
- Listed in the FOCUS top list of doctors for infectiology
Correction to: The choroid plexus acts as an immune cell reservoir and brain entry site in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
14 July, 2023
SARS-CoV-2 sero-immunity and quality of life in children and adolescents in relation to infections and vaccinations: the IMMUNEBRIDGE KIDS cross-sectional study, 2022.
6 June, 2023
The choroid plexus acts as an immune cell reservoir and brain entry site in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
1 June, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Horst Schroten?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pediatrics, infectious disease, allergology, and neonatology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Horst Schroten