Prof. Dr. med. Sergij Goerdt
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1985-1987 Studied human medicine at the Meunster, Mainz, Vienna, and Freiburg
- 1985 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1987 Defense of the dissertation at the University of Muenster: "Investigations on inflammatory-activated endothelial cells in vivo and in vitro"
- 1987-1989 Resident, Department of dermatology at the University of Muenster
- 1989-1991 Visiting Research Fellow, conducted research in the field of vascular biology at the Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston
- 1991-1994 Senior Resident, Department of dermatology at the University of Muenster
- 1992 Habilitation and a teaching license in experimental dermatology: "Molecular-anatomical investigations into the heterogeneity of continuous and non-continuous endothelial"
- 1995 Habilitation and a teaching license in dermatology and venereology
- Obtaining specialization in skin and venereal diseases, allergology, and dermatohistology
- Research Assistant at the Department of dermatology of the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Munster
- 1994-1995 Consultant, Department of dermatology at the Benjamin Franklin University Hospital, Free University in Berlin
- 1995 Senior Consultant and Deputy Head of the Department of Dermatology at the Benjamin Franklin University Hospital, Free University in Berlin
- 1995-2000 Vice Chairman, Department of dermatology at the Free University in Berlin
- 1997 C3 Professor for dermatology and venereology at the Free University in Berlin
- 2000 Director, Department of Dermatology, venerology, and allergology at the University Hospital Mannheim
- 2006-2010 Vice Dean for structure and development of the Mannheim medical faculty at the University of Heidelberg
- 2013 Vice Dean and Deputy Dean of the Mannheim medical faculty at the University of Heidelberg
- 2015 Dean of the Mannheim medical faculty at the University of Heidelberg
- Full Professor of dermatology, venereology, and allergology at the Mannheim medical faculty of the University of Heidelberg
Awards & Memberships
- 1998-1999 President of the Berlin Dermatological Society
- 2000 Oscar Goose Award
- 2005-2017 Co-Initiator and Temporary Deputy Speaker of the Transregio Collaborative Research Center: "Vascular differentiation and remodeling"
- 2007 Spokesman for the Center of excellence at the University Hospital Mannheim
- 2012-2020 Publisher of the journal from the German Dermatological Society
- 2012-2020 Member of the board of the German Dermatological Society
- 2015 Implemented the restructuring of the Mannheim medical faculty of the University of Heidelberg based on a new framework agreement with the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg
- 2015 Speaker of the graduate school "GRK 2099: hallmarks of skin cancer"
- 2017 Founding Director of the European Center for Angioscience
- 2019-2022 Co-Initiator and Deputy Speaker of the collaborative research center "SFB 1366: vascular control of organ function"
- One of the first to describe and characterize the so-called alternatively activated or M2 macrophages
Deficiency for scavenger receptors Stabilin-1 and Stabilin-2 leads to age-dependent renal and hepatic depositions of fasciclin domain proteins TGFBI and Periostin in mice.
25 June, 2023
Dimethyl fumarate treatment in relapsed and refractory cutaneous T cell lymphoma - a multicenter phase II study.
22 May, 2023
Hepatic passaging of NRAS-mutant melanoma influences adhesive properties and metastatic pattern.
13 May, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Sergij Goerdt?
The primary specialization of the doctor is skin and venereal diseases, allergology, and dermatohistology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Sergij Goerdt