Prof. Dr. med. Boris Holzapfel
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied medicine at Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich
- Technical University of Munich
- University Clinic in Wurzburg
- Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation from Queensland University of Technology Brisbane
- Residency, Department of orthopedics, University Hospital rechts der Isar Munich
- Residency, Department of traumatology, hand, plastics, and reconstructive Surgery, University Clinics Wurzburg
- Residency, Department of general surgery, University Clinics Wurzburg
- Residency, Department of orthopedics, Koenig Ludwig House, University of Wurzburg
- 2012-2015 Postdoctoral research fellowship at the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
- Fellowship in musculoskeletal oncology, Department of orthopedics, University of Wurzburg
- Fellowship in adult reconstruction, Department of orthopedics, University of Wurzburg
- 2015-2018 Consultant Surgeon, Orthopedic Clinic Konig-Ludwig House
- 2018-2021 Consultant and Professor for translational orthopedic Surgery, Julius Maximilians University of Wurzburg
- 2021 Professor and Chair, Department of orthopedics and traumatology, Musculoskeletal University Center Munich, University Hospital Munich
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the German Society for Orthopedics and Orthopedics Surgery
- Member of the German Society for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery
- Member of the International Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Member of the working group for an endoprosthesis
- Member of the basic research section of the German Society for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery
- Member of the section tumor orthopedics of the German Society for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery
- Fellow of the European Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Fellow of the Austrian-Switzerland-Germany
Efficacy of post-operative partial weight-bearing after total knee arthroplasty - a prospective observational trial.
Which patient-specific parameters correlate with operation time for total hip arthroplasty? - A retrospective analysis of the direct anterior approach.
Influence of kinematic alignment on femorotibial kinematics in medial stabilized TKA design compared to mechanical alignment.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Boris Holzapfel?
The primary specialization of the doctor is orthopaedic and trauma surgery, musculoskeletal oncology and reconstructive surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Boris Holzapfel