Prof. Dr. med. Arndt Borkhardt
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1984-1990 Medical studies at the Medical Academy Magdeburg
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1990 Doctorate at the Medical Academy Magdeburg
- 1990-1991 Assistant doctor at the Medical Academy Magdeburg
- 1991-1998 Training as a specialist in pediatrics at the Center for pediatrics, Justus Liebig University in Giessen
- 1999 Obtaining specialization in pediatrics and neonatology
- 1999 Habilitation in pediatrics, Department of pediatrics at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen
- 2002 Received additional specialization in pediatric intensive care medicine
- 1997-2001 Senior Physician for neonatology and pediatric intensive care medicine, Department of pediatrics at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen
- 2003 C3 Professor, Head of the Department of pediatric hematology and oncology at the Dr. von Hauner Children's Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- 2005-2006 C4/W3 Professorships for pediatric hematology and oncology or general pediatrics at the Universities of Halle, Essen, Dusseldorf, and Jena
- 2006 Chief Physician and Director, Department of pediatric oncology, hematology and clinical immunology at the University Hospital Dusseldorf
- 2006 Professor of Department of pediatric oncology, hematology, and clinical immunology at the University Hospital Dusseldorf
Awards & Memberships
- 1997‐2000 Research Consultant and Reviewer in the "Implantation Inhibition" research program of the Rockefeller Foundation in New York
- 1998 Adalbert Czerny Prize of the German Society for Child and Adolescent Medicine
- 1999-2004 German Research Foundation project: "Characterization of the graf gene in malignant transformation"
- 2001 Prize of the German Society for Hematology and Medical Oncology
- 2001-2002 Contact Person at North Rhine-Westphalia Aachen for the Stem Cell Network
- 2005 Carus Medal of the Leopoldina and Carus Prize of the City of Schweinfurt
- 2006-2010 German Research Foundation project: "Graft-versus-leukemia reaction after T-cell transfer in patients with acute myeloid leukemia and stem cell transplantation"
- 2009 Council Member of European Hematology Association
- 2012 Member of the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina
- 2013 Member of the extended board of the European Hematology Association
Unleashing T cell anti-tumor immunity: new potential for 5-Nonloxytryptamine as an agent mediating MHC-I upregulation in tumors.
15 August, 2023
P325: APPLICATIONS OF HIGH-THROUGHPUT DRUG SCREENING AS DRUG REPURPOSING STRATEGY FOR POOR OUTCOME SUBGROUPS OF PEDIATRIC B-CELL PRECURSOR ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIA
P330: PROTEOMIC PROFILING UNCOVERS THERAPEUTIC VULNERABILITIES FOR TCF3 TRANSLOCATED B-CELL ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIAS
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Arndt Borkhardt?
The primary specialization of the doctor is oncology, hematology, pediatrics, bone barrow transplant and immunology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Arndt Borkhardt