Prof. Dr. med. Karin Rothe
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1974-1980 Study of Medicine at the University of Leipzig
- 1980-1984 Professional training in Pediatric Surgery, Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Leipzig
- 1984 Medical Specialist in Pediatric Surgery
- 1985 Doctor’s degree. Subject: “Omphalocele – a retrospective study with special consideration of risk factors.”
- 1994 Habilitation. Subject: “Monitoring of morbidity in pediatric surgery. On the importance of biomedical functions in newborns and infants.”
- 1995 PD in Pediatric Surgery
- European certification as a Specialist in Pediatric Surgery (European Council of Pediatric Surgery)
- 1994-2008 Senior Physician, Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Leipzig
- 2000 Appointed as a Visiting Professor, Pediatric Surgery
- 2003-2009 Head of the Academy of Pediatric Surgery of the German Society of Pediatric Surgery
- 2008-2009 Head of the Section of Pediatric Surgery at the Department of General, Abdominal and Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Duesseldorf
- 2009 Appointed as W3 Professor, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Charite University Hospital Berlin
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the German Society of Surgery
- Member of the German Society of Pediatric Surgery
- Member of the German Society of Burn Medicine
- Member of the Association of German Surgeons
- Member of the German Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of Saxon-Thuringian Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine and Pediatric Surgery
- Corresponding Member of the Austrian Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Surgery
Galactomannan-Antigen Testing from Non-Directed Bronchial Lavage for Rapid Detection of Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis in Critically Ill Patients: A Proof-of-Concept Study.
21 March, 2023
Bacterial content of the human pancreatic duct: An observational study.
21 November, 2022
A Novel Machine Learning-Based Point-Score Model as a Non-Invasive Decision-Making Tool for Identifying Infected Ascites in Patients with Hydropic Decompensated Liver Cirrhosis: A Retrospective Multicentre Study.
12 November, 2022
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Karin Rothe?
The primary specialization of the doctor is paediatric surgery, general and reconstructive surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Karin Rothe