PD. Dr. med. Christian W. Scholz
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1986-1992 Studied medicine at the Albrecht-Ludwig University in Freiburg and the Technical University of Munich
- 1993 Postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard Medical School Boston
- 1992-1996 Scientific stay in the USA
- 1993-1995 Scholarship, Gertrude Remtsma Foundation/Max Planck Society
- 1996 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 2001 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 2002-2003 Scholarship of the Klaus Chira Foundation
- 2003 Received additional specialization in hematology and internal oncology
- 2006 Habilitation
- 2009 Additional qualification in hemostasiology
- 2010 Expertise from the European Society of Medical Oncology for oncologists
- 2011 Additional qualification in palliative medicine
- 2017 Examination from the European Society of Medical Oncology for oncologists
- 1993 Resident, Department of Neurology, Technical University of Munich
- 1993-1996 Research Fellow, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston
- 1996-2007 Assistant Physician, medical clinic and polyclinic with emphasis on hematology, oncology, and tumor immunology, Charite Medical University Berlin
- 2007-2013 Senior Physician, medical clinic and polyclinic with emphasis on hematology, oncology, and tumor immunology, Charite Medical University Berlin
- 2013 Chief Physician, Department of hematology and oncology, Vivantes Hospital Am Urban Berlin-Kreuzberg
Awards & Memberships
- 2017 Member of the extended board of the German Lymphoma Alliance
- 2018 Speaker of the "Lymphoma Working Group" of the East German Hematology and Oncology Research Group
- 2019 Member of the Berlin Cancer Society
- 2019 Co-speaker of the Working Group "Indolent Lymphoma" of the German Lymphoma Alliance
- Member of the German Lymphoma Alliance
- Member of the East German Research Group for Hematology and Oncology
- Member of the Berlin Cancer Society
- Member of the German Society of Hematology and Medical Oncology
- Member of the European Society of Medical Oncology
- Member of the European Hematology Association
- Member of the American Society of Hematology
International validation of two EORTC questionnaires for assessment of health-related quality of life for patients with high-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma (QLQ-NHL-HG29) and low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma (QLQ-NHL-LG20).
1 September, 2023
An open-label, phase I/II trial to determine the maximum tolerated dose and investigate safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy of BI 836858, an unconjugated anti-CD33 monoclonal antibody, in combination with decitabine in patients with acute myeloid leukemia.
1 December, 2022
Controlled non-randomised before-after study evaluating the impact of a focused recommendation card on vaccination rates of oncological patients-The Easy Vaccination in Oncology (EVO) strategy.
About this place
What is the specialization of PD. Dr. med. Christian W. Scholz?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, hematology, oncology, hemostasiology and palliative medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© PD. Dr. med. Christian W. Scholz