Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Mellies
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1984-1987 Training as a state-approved nurse (Luther Hospital Essen)
- 1987-1989 Study of human medicine, Albert Ludwig University
- 1989-1994 Study of human medicine, University of Essen
- 1995 Ph.D.
- 2003 Qualification in pediatric and adolescent medicine
- 2004 Sleep Medicine (German Society for Sleep Research and. sleep medicine)
- 2005 Habilitation in pediatric and adolescent medicine at the Medical Faculty of the University of Duisburg-Essen
- 2007 Received additional qualification in pediatric pneumology
- 1994-1996 Doctor in the internship of pediatrics, municipal clinics, Duisburg
- 1996-1997 Assistant Doctor, Pediatric Practice Dr. A. Uebing, Prof. Dr. E. Schmidt, Erkrath
- 1997-2001 Assistant Doctor, Internal Medicine/Pneumology
- 2001-2004 Assistant Doctor, Pediatric Center for pediatric and adolescent medicine, Essen University Hospital (Prof. Dr. Th. Voit)
- 2005 Senior Physician at the Center for Pediatrics
- 2008-2017 Doctor in the Department of pediatric pneumology and sleep medicine, Pediatric Center for pediatric and adolescent medicine, Essen University Hospital
- 2017 Medical consultant for pediatric pulmonology and sleep medicine at the M1 private clinic for pediatric and adolescent medicine in Munich
Awards & Memberships
- 2006 Award of the Venia legendi for pediatrics and appointment as a private lecturer by the Medical Faculty of the University of Duisburg-Essen
- 2015 Award of the title Extraordinary Professor by the Medical Faculty of the University of Duisburg-Essen
- Member of the German Society for Child and Adolescent Medicine
- Member of the Society for Pediatric Pneumology
- Member of the German Society for Pneumology and Respiratory Medicine
- Member of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society
- Member of the European Respiratory Society
Barriers for Sports and Exercise Participation and Corresponding Barrier Management in Cystic Fibrosis.
13 October, 2022
Effects of a Long-Term Monitored Exercise Program on Aerobic Fitness in a Small Group of Children with Cystic Fibrosis.
28 June, 2022
WS10.05 Physical fitness and habitual physical activity in adults with cystic fibrosis - do they improve with elexacaftor/tezacaftor/ivacaftor therapy?
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Mellies?
The primary specialization of the doctor is children pulmonology and sleep medicine (somnology), pediatric and adolescent medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Mellies