Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Heemann
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1980-1986 Study of Medicine at the Ruhr University Bochum
- 1989 Defended doctoral degree at St. Johannisstift Paderborn
- 1986-1989 St. Johannisstift Paderborn
- 1989-1991 Consultant at the center for internal medicine at the University Hospital Essen
- 1991-1994 Department of transplantology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- 1994-2002 Center for Internal Medicine at the University Hospital Essen
- 2002 Department of adult and pediatric rheumatology, autoimmune diseases, nephrology at University Hospital rechts der Isar Munich
Awards & Memberships
- 1992 Research Award of the Transplantation Society
- 1994 Young Investigators Award, Transplantation Society
- 1997-1998 Research Award of the European Dialysis and Transplantology Association
- 1999 Honorary Professor, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
- 2000 Award of the Hungarian Kidney Foundation
- 2001 Hans Zollinger Medal of the German Society of Nephrology
- 2002 Member of the Eurotransplant Kidney Advisory Committee
- 2002 Member of the Control Board of Eurotransplant
- 2002 Member of the Standing Committee on Organ Transplantation
- 2002-2003 General Secretary of the German Transplantation Society
- 2003 Chairman of the Living Donation Foundation
- 2003-2008 President of the German Transplantation Academy
- 2005-2010 President of the German Society of Transplantology
- 2005 Board Member of Eurotransplant (European bank of organs, tissues, and blood)
- 2007 Doctor Honoris Causa, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
- 2007 Honorary doctorate from Semmelweiss University Budapest
- 2009 Chairman of the Eurotransplant Kidney Advisory Committee
- Awarded “Doctor Honoris Causa” by Semmelweis University, Budapest
A paired-kidney allocation study found superior survival with HLA-DR compatible kidney transplants in the Eurotransplant Senior Program.
Intradialytic neuromuscular electrical stimulation with optional virtual reality distraction improves not only muscle strength and functional capacity but also serum albumin level in haemodialysis patients: a pilot randomized clinical trial
Persistent endothelial dysfunction in post-COVID-19 syndrome and its associations with symptom severity and chronic inflammation.
28 July, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Heemann?
The primary specialization of the doctor is rheumatology, autoimmune diseases, transplantology and nephrology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Uwe Heemann