Prof. Dr. med. Peter Hohenberger
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine at the University of Erlangen
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation
- Obtaining specialization in visceral and vascular surgery at the University of Heidelberg
- Habilitation and a teaching license
- Received additional qualifications in the field of special surgical oncology and thoracic surgery
- Obtaining further specialization in surgical intensive care
- Senior position at the Department of surgery at the Charite University Hospital in Berlin
- Professorship in surgical oncology at the Charite University in Berlin
- 2022 Head, Department of thoracic surgery at the University Hospital Mannheim
Awards & Memberships
- 1980 Chairman of the soft tissue and bone sarcoma group at the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer
- Member of the American Association for Cancer Research
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member of the Federation of European Cancer Societies
- Member of the European Society for Medical Oncology
- Member of the advisory board of Sarcoma Patients Euronet
- Chair of the interdisciplinary working party on sarcoma of the German Cancer Society
- Chair of the certification committee for sarcoma centers
- Listed in the FOCUS top lists of doctors on treatment tumors of the digestive tract, bone, and soft tissue tumors, and lung tumors
Variation in response rates to isolated limb perfusion in different soft-tissue tumour subtypes: an international multi-centre study.
Working situation and burden of work limitations in sarcoma patients: results from the multi-center prospective PROSa study.
Ten recommendations for sarcoma surgery: consensus of the surgical societies based on the German S3 guideline "Adult Soft Tissue Sarcomas".
11 July, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Peter Hohenberger?
The primary specialization of the doctor is visceral and vascular surgery, surgical oncology, and thoracic surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Peter Hohenberger