Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Maier
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
Vitreomacular diseases – Prof. Mathias Maier | Eye Competence Days 2022
- The Technical University of Munich, Faculty of Medicine
- 1991-1992 Internship at the Eye Clinic of the University Hospital rehts der Isar
- 1992 Admission to medical practice
- 1994 Thesis defense
- 1996 Board Certification in Ophthalmology
- 2010 Habilitation
- Investigator course, Good Clinical Practice
- 1992-1996 Assistant physician at the Eye Clinic of the University Hospital rehts der Isar Munich
- 1996-1997 Specialist in ophthalmology at the Eye Clinic of the University Hospital rehts der Isar Munich
- 1998-2001 Senior Physician at the Eye Clinic of the University Hospital rehts der Isar Munich
- 2001-2004 Partner and affiliated doctor of the ophthalmologist's group practice Dr. Ober, Dr. Scharrer, and Partners in Fuerth
- 2004 Senior consultant at the Eye Clinic of the University Hospital rehts der Isar Munich
- 2010 Appointment as a private lecturer
- 2016 Appointment as an adjunct professor
- 2021 Acting Director of the Eye Clinic of the University Hospital rehts der Isar Munich
Awards & Memberships
- 2010 Certificate for the best habilitation lecture with the topic: “The development of retinal surgery” (Technical University of Munich)
- 2015 Medal in bronze for special merits in the field of ophthalmic surgery
- 2017 Medal in silver for special services in the field of ophthalmic surgery
- 2018 Medal in gold for special services in the field of ophthalmic surgery
- In the TOP lists of the best doctors of FOCUS on the treatment of diabetic eye and retinal diseases
- Membership at the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Membership at Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Membership at Bavarian Academy of Sciences
- Membership at the Professional Association of Ophthalmologists
- Membership at the German Ophthalmological Society
- Membership at European Association for Vision and Eye Research
- Membership at the European Society of Retina Specialists
- Membership in the Retinological Society
- Membership at the European Board of Ophthalmology
- University certificate in medical didactics from the Technical University of Munich
Impact of phenanthrene co-administration on the toxicokinetics of benzo[a]pyrene in humans. UPLC-accelerator mass spectrometry following oral microdosing.
1 September, 2023
Surgical Delay of Thoracodorsal Artery Perforator Flaps for Bilateral Autologous Breast Reconstruction.
16 August, 2023
Descemet's membrane endothelial keratoplasty is the predominant keratoplasty procedure in Germany since 2016: a report of the DOG-section cornea and its keratoplasty registry.
16 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Maier?
The primary specialization of the doctor is ophthalmology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Mathias Maier