Prof. Dr. med. Markus Essler
University Hospital Bonn
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Markus Essler. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
metastatic prostate cancer
castrationresistant prostate cancer
positron emission tomography
177lupsma617 radioligand therapy
prostatespecific membrane antigen
18ffluoroethylltyrosine positron emission
cytokineinduced killer cells
cell lung cancer
resistant prostate cancer
large vessel vasculitis
abdominal aortic aneurysms
pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor
magnetic resonance imaging
head neck cancer
- 1989-1995 Studied human medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- 1995 Medical examination
- 1993-1996 Dissertation work at the Institute for Prophylaxis and Epidemiology of Circulatory Diseases, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich: “Importance of Ras-like GTPases for the regulation of cytokinesis of myelomonocytic cells”
- 1996 Defense of the dissertation
- 2000-2002 Research grant from German Research Foundation, Burnham Institute, Cancer Research Center, La Jolla
- 2004 Habilitation
- 2007 Specialist certification in the field of nuclear medicine and award of specialist knowledge by the Bavarian State Medical Association
- 1996-2000 Research Associate, Institute for Prophylaxis and Epidemiology of Circulatory Diseases at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- 2002 Research Associate, Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- 2004 Private Lecturer at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich in the field of clinical pathophysiology
- 2010 Senior Physician at the Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- 2010 Adjunct Professor at the Technical University of Munich
- 2013 Chair of the Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Bonn
- 2013 Director of the Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Bonn
Awards & Memberships
- 2001 United States Department of Defense Breast Cancer Fellowship Award
- 2020 Editor of the journal Nuclear Medicine
- 2020 Congress President of the German Society for Neurology
Test-retest repeatability of organ uptake on PSMA-targeted 18 F-DCFPyL PET/CT in patients with prostate cancer.
Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells in Combination with Heat Shock Protein 90 Inhibitors Functioning via the Fas/FasL Axis Provides Rationale for a Potential Clinical Benefit in Burkitt's lymphoma.
5 August, 2023
Computational analysis of heat shock proteins and ferroptosis-associated lncRNAs to predict prognosis in acute myeloid leukemia patients.
1 August, 2023
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Markus Essler?
The primary specialization of the doctor is nuclear medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Markus Essler
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Markus Essler