Prof. Dr. med. Michael Schafers
University Hospital Munster
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Michael Schafers. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
positron emission tomography
myocardial perfusion scintigraphy
spinal nerve ligation
cardiac sympathetic innervation
renal allograft rejection
177lupsma617 radioligand therapy
multispectral optoacoustic tomography
hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
magnetic resonance imaging
resistant prostate cancer
multimodal molecular imaging
pulmonary vein isolation
metastatic prostate cancer
- 1987-1994 Studied human medicine at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Munster
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1995 Doctoral degree, Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Munster
- Obtaining specialization in nuclear medicine
- 1999 Habilitation, Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Munster
- 1994-1995 Research Fellow, medical research council of cyclotron unit, Imperial College School of Medicine in London
- 1995 Researcher, Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Munster
- 1999-2007 C3 Professor of experimental nuclear medicine, Westphalian Wilhelms University in Munster
- Conducting Research at the medical research council at Hammersmith Hospital
- 2007 Professor of technology and imaging, Chairman of the European Institute for Molecular Imaging at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Munster
- 2008 Full Professor of nuclear medicine, Director of the European Institute for Molecular Imaging at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Munster
- 2013 Director, Department of nuclear medicine at the University Hospital Munster
Awards & Memberships
- 2003 Chairman of the cardiovascular committee
- 2004 Tyco Healthcare Advancement Award, German Society for Nuclear Medicine
- 2004 Young Investigator Award, International Conference on Nuclear Cardiology
- 2010 Chairman of the German Universities Nuclear Medicine National Committee
- 2011 Poster Award of the German Society for Nephrology
- 2012 Co-Coordinator of the well-known interdisciplinary cluster of distinction "Cells in motion"
- Press Secretary of the Joint Research Center 656 - Molecular Cardiovascular Imaging
- Member of the Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Member of the European Society of Molecular Imaging
- Member of the German Society of Cardiology
- Member of the German Society of Radiology
- Member of the German Society of Nuclear Medicine
[18F]-PSMA-1007-PET for evaluation of kidney function.
18 August, 2023
Influence of N-arylsulfonamido d-valine N-substituents on the selectivity and potency of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors.
15 July, 2023
Complex regulation of alarmins S100A8/A9 and secretion via gasdermin D pores exacerbates autoinflammation in familial Mediterranean fever.
Albert-Schweitzer-Campus, 1, 48149
About this place
Munster is an independent city in the northern part of North Rhine-Westphalia and the capital of the local government of Munsterla
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Michael Schafers?
The primary specialization of the doctor is nuclear medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Michael Schafers
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Michael Schafers