Prof. Dr. med. Ludwig Kiesel
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1975-1981 Studied human medicine in Heidelberg and London as a scholarship holder from the German National Academic Foundation
- 1979-1981 Doctoral thesis at the University Women's Hospital Heidelberg: "Characterization and regulation of 20α-hydroxysteroids dehydrogenase in human placenta in vitro"
- 1981 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1981-1982 Research grant from the German Research Foundation on the subject: "Regulation of the receptor and post-receptor mechanisms of GnRH" at the National Institutes of Health
- 1982 American state examination
- 1983-1989 Specialist training at the University Women's Clinic in Heidelberg (under Prof. Dr. medical F. Kubli, Prof. Dr. medical H. G. Bastert)
- Additional training in anesthesiology and neonatology
- 1989 Obtaining specialization in gynecology and obstetrics
- 1990 Habilitation thesis on the topic: "Mechanism of action of gonadotropin-releasing hormone and its analogs in vivo and in vitro and their clinical application"
- Obtaining optional further training in special surgical gynecology, special obstetrics, gynecological endocrinology, and reproductive medicine
- 1992 Senior Physician at the University Women's Clinic in Tuebingen (Prof. Dr. med. H. A. Hirsch)
- 1996 Managing Senior Physician and Head Senior Physician at the University Women's Clinic in Tuebingen (Medical Director Prof. Dr. D. Wallwiener)
- 2000 Director, Department of gynecology and obstetrics at the University Hospital Munster
Awards & Memberships
- President of the German Menopause Society
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Umbrella Organization for Reproductive Medicine
- 1st Chairman of the Tumor Center Muensterland
- Board Member of the German Society for Gynecological Endocrinology and reproductive medicine
- Deputy Chairman of the Endometriosis Research Foundation
- Chairman of the German-Hungarian Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Member of the guideline committee of the German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Member of the International Menopause Society
- Member of the European Endometriosis League
- Member of the Ethics Committee of the Medical Association of Westphalia-Lippe
- Representative of the German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics in the Association of Scientific Medical Societies in Germany
- Member of the European Menopause and Andropause Society
- Member of the European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology
Intensive care drug therapy and its potential adverse effects on blood pressure and heart rate in critically ill children.
Endometrial Cancer. Guideline of the DGGG, DKG and DKH (S3-Level, AWMF Registry Number 032/034-OL, September 2022). Part 1 with Recommendations on the Epidemiology, Screening, Diagnosis and Hereditary Factors of Endometrial Cancer, Geriatric Assessment and Supply Structures.
15 August, 2023
Endometrial Cancer. Guideline of the DGGG, DKG and DKH (S3-Level, AWMF Registry Number 032/034-OL, September 2022) – Part 2 with Recommendations on the Therapy of Precancerous Lesions and Early-stage Endometrial Cancer, Surgical Therapy, Radiotherapy and Drug-based Therapy, Follow-up Care, Recurrence and Metastases, Psycho-oncological Care, Palliative Care, Patient Education, and Rehabilitative and Physiotherapeutic Care
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Ludwig Kiesel?
The primary specialization of the doctor is surgical gynecology, obstetrics, gynecological endocrinology, and reproductive medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Ludwig Kiesel