Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Schultz
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 2001-2008 Studied human medicine at Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg
- 2008 State examination, obtaining a license for medical practice, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg
- 2008 Received the doctoral degree (Dr. med.) with distinction from the Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg: "Effects of the selective antineoplastic agent Sulindac Sulfone on the adhesion proteins B-catenin and E-cadherin of the head and neck tumor cell lines"
- 2008 Medical specialist training in thoracic, vascular, and visceral surgery, University Medical Center Mannheim (Prof. Dr. med. S. Post)
- 2008-2009 Training in intensive care medicine and general surgery in the Department for thoracic, vascular, and visceral surgery, University Hospital Mannheim
- 2009 Specialist training in otolaryngology, Department of otolaryngology at University Hospital Mannheim (Prof. Dr. med. K. Hormann)
- 2009-2012 Baden-Wurttemberg certificate for university didactics, MQ1/2 HDZ, Tubingen
- 2011 Acupuncture certification, Department of otolaryngology, Dresden University Hospital
- 2011 Good Clinical Practice course, conducting basics and clinical research, University Hospital Mannheim
- 2011 Research grant in the field of oncology from the foundation of the Medical Faculty Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg
- 2012 Certification course for botulinum toxin (A and B), the German society for aesthetic Botulinum toxin therapy
- 2013 Habilitation in the field of experimental ear, nose, and throat medicine from the Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg: "Studies on the tumor biology and chemosensitivity of squamous cell carcinomas in vitro"
- 2013 Obtaining specialization in otolaryngology
- 2013 General training course, the Coordination Center for Clinical Trials
- 2013 Research grant in the field of oncology from the foundation of the medical faculty, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg
- 2013 Radiation protection training (upper gastrointestinal tract together with pharynx and esophagus)
- 2014 Fellowship, surgery of the paranasal sinuses and skull base, German Otolaryngology Academy and Austrian Otolaryngology Society in Graz
- 2014 Expansion of the habilitation for the otolaryngology
- 2014 Received additional specialization in drug therapy of tumors
- 2017 Received additional specialization in sleep medicine
- 2017-2018 Fellowship at the Clinic for plastic and reconstructive surgery Ludwigshafen Hospital, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. U. Kneser)
- 2018 Received additional specialization in plastic and aesthetic operations
- 2014 Head of the Department of clinical and experimental oncology, Department of otolaryngology at University Hospital Mannheim
- 2014 Senior Physician, Department of otolaryngology at University Hospital Mannheim
- 2014 Hygiene Officer at the University Hospital Mannheim, Department of otolaryngology
- 2014 Head of the Center of head and neck tumor, University Hospital Mannheim
- Head of the Center for malignant head and neck diseases at the Clinical Cancer Center Karlsruhe
- 2016 Managing Senior Physician, Department of the otolaryngology at the Municipal Hospital Karlsruhe (Prof. Dr W. Heppt)
- 2016 Extraordinary Professor, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg
- 2018 Senior Physician, Department of otolaryngology, Philipps University of Marburg
- 2019 Chief Physician, Department of otolaryngology, head and neck surgery at Helios Hospital Krefeld
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the German Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the Austrian Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the German Sleep Society
Improving adherence to unguided Internet-based therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder: A randomized controlled trial.
1 October, 2023
Efficacy of an Internet-based intervention with self-applied exposure therapy in virtual reality for people with panic disorder: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
12 August, 2023
Atomic-Scale Insights into the Interlayer Characteristics and Oxygen Reactivity of Bilayer Borophene.
7 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Schultz?
The primary specialization of the doctor is otolaryngology, ENT surgery and oncology, sleep medicine, facial plastic surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Schultz