Prof. Dr. med. Gunther O. Hofmann
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation from the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- 1984 graduated with a Dr. rer. nat. (Doctor rerum naturalium) in physics
- 1987 Research Fellow at the Clinic of the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich
- Obtaining specialization in general surgery
- 1992 Habilitation and a teaching license
- Researcher at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston
- Received additional qualifications in the field of trauma surgery
- 1992 Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- 1995 Trade Association Accident Clinic Murnau
- 2004 Medical Director of Trade Association Clinics Bergmannstrost Halle
- 2004 Director of the Department of accident, hand, and reconstructive surgery at the University Hospital Jena
Awards & Memberships
- 1986 Otto-Goetze Award of the Association of Bavarian Surgeons
- 1997 Herbert Stiller Award of the physicians against animal experiments
- 2008 Science4Life Venture Cup for the development of an optical system for the detection of osteoarthritis
Stimulation of peroneal nerves reveals maintained somatosensory representation in transtibial amputees
Exceptional response to neoadjuvant targeted therapy with the selective RET inhibitor selpercatinib in RET-fusion-associated sarcoma.
Objective Assessment of Syndesmosis Stability Using the Hook Test
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Gunther O. Hofmann?
The primary specialization of the doctor is general and trauma surgery, hand, and reconstructive surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Gunther O. Hofmann