Prof. Dr. med. Georg Gosheger
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1988-1995 Studied medicine at the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1995 Defense of the dissertation: “Diabetic osteoarthropathy of the foot”
- 1995-1996 Specialized training in trauma surgery, North Sea Clinic Westerland/Sylt
- 1996-2000 Specialized training at the clinic of general orthopedics of the University Hospital of Muenster
- Specialist in orthopedics and traumatology
- 2003 Specialized training in “Endoprosthesis of tumors - new developments in reconstruction”
- Obtaining additional specialization in orthopedics and traumatology
- Received additional specialization in sports medicine
- Obtaining additional specialization in physical therapy
- Received additional specialization in radiation protection (X-ray diagnosis of the entire skeleton)
- Courses of Rizzoli tumors (Prof. Enneking, Prof. Campanacci)
- 2000 Senior Physician in the Department of general and tumor orthopedics at the University Hospital Muenster
- 2002 Head of the Department of orthopedics for tumors and limb reconstruction
- 2005 Managing Senior Physician
- 2006 Senior Consultant, Deputy Director of the clinic
- 2008 Professor W3, University Hospital of Wuerzburg
- 2008 Professor and Head of the Department of general and tumor orthopedics at the University Hospital Muenster
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the German Society of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery
- Member of the President of the European Society of Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Member of the Board member of the International Limb Salvage Society
- Member of the Association of German Universities
- Member of the Transparency International in Germany
- Instructor in musculoskeletal and hip sonography
What Is the Risk of Dislocation and Revision in Proximal Femoral Replacement with Dual-mobility Articulation After Two-stage Revision for Periprosthetic Hip Infection?
1 September, 2023
Radiographic reference values of the central knee anatomy in 8-16-year-old children.
31 July, 2023
Two-Stage Revision Arthroplasty for Resistant Gram-Positive Periprosthetic Joint Infections Using an Oral Linezolid-Based Antibiotic Regime.
26 July, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Georg Gosheger?
The primary specialization of the doctor is orthopedics, trauma surgery, oncological orthopedic surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Georg Gosheger