Prof. Dr. med. Christian Hugo
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1983-1989 Studied human medicine at the Julius Maximilian University of Wuerzburg
- 1991 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation: "The effect of aldosterone on the concentration of atrial natriuretic factor in some regions of the brain: an experimental study on intact and adrenalectomized rats
- 1993-1995 Scholarship program of the German Research Foundation
- 1995-1996 Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of pathology and nephrology of the National Kidney Foundation of the University of Washington
- 1998 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 1999 Habilitation and a teaching license at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg: "The value of thrombospondin-1 in the pathogenesis of inflammatory kidney disease"
- 2001 Received additional qualifications in the field of nephrology and dialysis
- Obtaining further specialization in hypertension and diabetology
- 2007 Visiting Professor for nephrology and hypertension
- 1989-1991 University Hospital Wuerzburg
- 1991-1993 Department of nephrology at the University Hospital Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 1996-2011 Department of nephrology at the University Hospital Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2001-2009 Head of the Department of nephrology and Head of the kidney transplantation program at the University Hospital Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2009 W2 Professor and Head of the Department of nephrology and dialysis at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
Awards & Memberships
- 1991 Member of the German Society of Internal Medicine
- 1991 Scientific Prize of the Franconian Research Foundation
- 1996 Poster Award of the National Kidney Foundation
- 1996 Member of the German Society of Nephrology
- 1997 Poster Award of the German Society of Nephrology
- 1998 Poster Award of the German Society of Internal Medicine
- 2003 Member of the European Renal Association
- 2004 Co-Editor of “Nephron Experimental Nephrology”
- 2006 Poster Award of the German Society of Nephrology
- 2008 Member of the German Organ Transplantation Foundation
- 2014 Secretary General of the German Transplant Society
- Listed in the FOCUS top list of doctors for high blood pressure
A paired-kidney allocation study found superior survival with HLA-DR compatible kidney transplants in the Eurotransplant Senior Program.
Identification of patients at high risk for brain death using an automated digital screening tool: a prospective diagnostic accuracy study.
25 August, 2023
The impact of treatment with avacopan on health-related quality of life in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis: a post-hoc analysis of data from the ADVOCATE trial
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Christian Hugo?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, nephrology, dialysis and diabetology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Christian Hugo