Prof. Dr. med. Lorenz C. Hofbauer
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1988-1993 Studied human medicine at the University of Munich
- 1990-1994 Study grant at the Konrad Adenauer Foundation
- 1993-1994 Studied human medicine at the Mayo Clinic, New York University, Harvard Medical School, and Yale Medical School
- 1995 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1995-1996 Residency at the Department of medicine at the University of Munich
- 1996-1999 Research fellowship from the German Research Foundation, endocrine research unit, Division of endocrinology, Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Defense of the dissertation
- 1998-1999 Mayo Foundation research fellowship
- 1999-2003 Residency of the Department of medicine at the Philipps-University of Marburg
- 2002 Habilitation and a teaching license from the internal medicine at the Philipps-University in Marburg
- 2003 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 2004 Received additional qualifications in the field of endocrinology and diabetes
- 2004-2006 Studied health care management at the Department of economics of Philipps University in Marburg
- 2004-2008 Heisenberg senior fellowship from the German Research Foundation
- 2008 Obtaining further specialization in gastroenterology
- 2016 Received additional qualifications in the field of geriatrics
- 2004-2007 Consultant in Medicine, Philipps-University, Marburg
- Senior Physician and Head of the Department of endocrinology at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
- 2007 Full Professor and Head of the Department of endocrinology at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
- 2007 Lecturer on osteoporosis, bone health, and thyroid diseases for students of medicine and dental medicine
- 2016 Director of the Center for healthy aging at the Technical University in Dresden
Awards & Memberships
- 1998 Julius-Wolff Award
- 1993 Member of the German Society for Endocrinology
- 1996 Member of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- 1999 John Haddad Young Investigator's Award from the American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- 1999 Merck Senior Fellows Award from the Endocrine Society
- 2000 Edward C. Kendall Mayo Clinic Alumni Award for meritorious basic research from Recklinghausen Award from the German Society of Endocrinology
- 2003 Member of the European Calcified Tissue Society
- 2004 Member of the German Academy of Osteology and Rheumatology
- 2008 Director and Coordinator of the interdisciplinary student training course for internal medicine
- 2008 Coordinator of the series of lectures in internal medicine for students of dental medicine
- 2009 Excellence in clinical research lecture from the European Calcified Tissue Society
- 2009 Editorial Board of "Journal of Bone and Mineral Research"
- 2009-2012 Editorial Board of "Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology and Diabetes"
- 2010 European Journal of Endocrinology Prize
- 2010 Editorial Board of "Endocrine"
- 2011 Editorial Board of "Journal of Bone Oncology"
- 2011 Research Award from the German Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- 2011 Best national bone group from the German Academy of Osteology and Rheumatology Sciences
- 2011-2018 Speaker of the German Research Foundation research group "SKELMET"
- 2013 Editorial Board of "Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology"
- 2013 Associate Editor of "Journal of Bone and Mineral Research"
- 2017 Co-Speaker of the German Research Foundation special research program "Transregio 67"
- 2018 Speaker of the German Research Foundation Priority Program "µBone"
- Member of the Center for regenerative therapies in Dresden
Effects of adipocyte-specific Dkk1 deletion on bone homeostasis and obesity-induced bone loss in male mice
Lipid Profile after Pharmacologic Discontinuation and Restoration of Menstruation in Women with Endometriosis: A 12-Month Observational Prospective Study
Activation of distinct inflammatory pathways in subgroups of LR-MDS.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Lorenz C. Hofbauer?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, endocrinology, diabetes, gastroenterology, and geriatrics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Lorenz C. Hofbauer