Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Schetelig
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1988-1990 Studied human medicine at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt am Main
- 1990-1996 Medical studies at the Free University of Berlin and Humboldt University in Berlin
- 1990-1996 Scholarship Holder of the Cusanuswerk
- 1994-1997 Defense of the dissertation: "Assessment of the Spandau palliative ward from the patient perspective"
- 1997-2003 Medical clinic specializing in hematology and oncology at the Charite Virchow Clinic
- 1998 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 2003 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 2003-2006 Research Associate at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
- 2007 Additional qualification in palliative medicine
- 2008 Habilitation and a teaching license: "Dose-reduced conditioning before allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation in patients with chronic lymphocytic disease leukemia"
- 2008 Received additional qualifications in the field of hematology and oncology
- 2008-2011 Master's degree in medical biometry
- 1996 Internship at the Department of gastroenterology of the Urban Hospital
- 2006 Senior Physician at the Department of internal medicine of the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
- 2011 Head of the Department of bone marrow transplantation at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
- 2013 Management of the clinical trials unit of the German Bone Marrow Donor Center in Dresden
- 2014 University Professor for stem cell transplantation at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
Awards & Memberships
- 1998 Member of the German cooperative transplantation study group
- 2004 Member of the German Society for Hematology and Oncology
- 2005 Member of the chronic malignancies working party of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- 2006 Member of the study committee German chronic lymphocytic leukemia study group
- 2012 Member of the definitions committee of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- 2012 Member of the American Society of Hematology
- 2015 Member of the Immunobiology Working Committee Center for international blood and marrow transplant research
- 2018 Member of the transplant complications working party of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- 2018 Board Member of the German working group for hematopoietic stem cell transplants and cellular therapy
- 2019 Member of the cellular therapy and immunobiology working party of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- 2020 Member of the board of the German register for stem cell transplants
Secondary-type mutations do not impact outcome in NPM1-mutated acute myeloid leukemia - implications for the European leukemia net risk classification.
7 September, 2023
The role of anti-thymocyte globulin in allogeneic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) from HLA-matched unrelated donors (MUD) for secondary AML in remission: a study from the ALWP /EBMT.
2 September, 2023
Secondary-type mutations do not impact outcome in NPM1-mutated acute myeloid leukemia – implications for the European LeukemiaNet risk classification
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Schetelig?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, hematology, and oncology, bone marrow transplant.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Schetelig