Prof. Dr. med. Arne Viestenz
Germany, Halle (Saale)
University Hospital Halle (Saale)
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Arne Viestenz. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
toric intraocular lenses
qswitched erbiumyag laser
intraocular lenses correction
erbiumyag laser trephination
- 1990-1997 Studied human medicine at the University of Leipzig and Baylor College of Medicine in Houston
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1999 Defense of the dissertation at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 1997-2003 Obtaining specialization in ophthalmology at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2005-2010 Habilitation and a teaching license for the subject of ophthalmology at the Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg
- 1997-2003 Scientific Assistant at the University Eye Clinic Erlangen
- 1997 Consultant of the Department of ophthalmology at the Saarland University Hospital in Homburg/Saar
- 2005 University Eye Clinic Erlangen
- 2005-2010 University Eye Clinic Magdeburg
- 2011-2017 Leading Consultant of the Department of ophthalmology at the Saarland University Hospital in Homburg/Saar
- 2016 Extraordinary Professor in the field of ophthalmology
- Head of the Halle Cornea Bank of the Central German Cornea Bank
- 2017 Clinic Director at the Department of Ophthalmology of the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- Full Professor of ophthalmology at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
Awards & Memberships
- 2018 Speaker of the German Ophthalmological Society in ophthalmotraumatology
- 2020 Member of the meeting from the German Ophthalmological Society in Halle (Saale) and Berlin
- 2022 President of the International Society of Ocular Trauma
- Member of the European Eye Bank Association
- A spokesman for the trauma working group of the German Ophthalmological Society
- Scientific Advisory Board of the journals "Clinical Monthly Papers for Ophthalmology" and "The Ophthalmologist"
- Reviewer in national and international journals
- Surgical Course Instructor of the International Society of Ocular Trauma and German Ophthalmological Society
- Listed in the FOCUS doctor top lists in diabetic eye diseases, corneal diseases, and glaucoma treatment
[Interdisciplinary management of a combined vascular malformation of the orbit].
25 August, 2023
Descemet's membrane endothelial keratoplasty is the predominant keratoplasty procedure in Germany since 2016: a report of the DOG-section cornea and its keratoplasty registry.
16 August, 2023
[Diagnostics and management of patients with inherited retinal diseases in Germany : Results of a nationwide survey of university and non-university eye departments and specialized practices].
15 August, 2023
Ernst-Grube-Straße, 40, 06120
Halle (Saale), Germany
About this place
Halle is a beautiful city in the southern part of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt, with more than 239,000 inhabitants. Lying on
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Arne Viestenz?
The primary specialization of the doctor is ophthalmology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Arne Viestenz
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Arne Viestenz