Prof. Dr. Massimo Filippi
University Hospital San Raffaele Milan IRCCS
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. Massimo Filippi. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
progressive multiple sclerosis
relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
white matter damage
central nervous system
cervical cord damage
cervical cord atrophy
spinal cord atrophy
- 1986 Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan
- 1990 Specialty in Neurology, University of Milan
- 1994 Specialty in Neurophysiopathology, University of Pavia
- 1987 Assistant in Clinical Neurophysiology, Scientific Institute H S. Raffaele
- 1988-1993 Research Fellow – Multiple Sclerosis Center, Scientific Institute H S. Raffaele
- 1900-1991 Assistant in Clinical Neurology, Scientific Institute H S. Raffaele
- 1991-1992 Research Fellow for the National Health Service of the Italian Government, Scientific Institutes S. Raffaele and C Besta, Milan
- 1992-Research Fellow and Honorary Clinical Assistant – NMR Research Group, Institute of Neurology London
- 1994-1997 Scientific Director, MS MR Centre, Dept. of Neurology, HSR
- 1996 Scientific Director, MS Biosignal Analysis Center, Dept of Neurophysiology, HSR
- 1996-1999 Non-Tenured Professor (Neuroradiology and Neuroimages II Course) at the Post-degree Neurological School (III years) of Chieti University
- 1997 Non-Tenured Professor (Physiopathology of the Central Nervous system) at the University of Milan – University Degree for Neurophysiopathology Technicians
- 1999 Director, Neuroimaging Research Unit, Department of Neurology, HSR
- 2000 Non-Tenured Professor of Clinical Neurology, University Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan
- 2005-2008 Director, NMR Unit, Centro “S. Maria Nascente” IRCCS Fondazione Don Gnocchi, Milan
- 2006 Visiting Professor, School of Medicine University of Belgrade
- 2006 Adjunct Professor, Temple University School of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery
- 2007 John Whitaker Professor of the American Neurological Association
- 2008 Visiting Professor at Heinrich-Heine University Duesseldorf, Germany
- 2009 Director, “BrainMap” (Human BRAin IN-vivo MAPping with Neuroimaging) Scientific Interdepartmental Program, Division of Neuroscience, HSR
- 2011-2015 Associate Professor of Neurology, University Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan
- 2016 Professor of Neurology, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University
- 2016 Director, Neurology Residency Course, Faculty of Medicine, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan
- 2016 President, Board of the Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan
- 2016 Member, Academic Senate, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan
- 2018 Chair, Neurology Unit, IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan
- 2018 Director, MS Center, IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the Italian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology
- Member of the Italian Society of Neurology
- Member of the American Academy of Neurology
- Member of the European Neurological Society
Functional and structural brain MRI changes associated with cognitive worsening in multiple sclerosis: a 3-year longitudinal study.
Ocrelizumab extended-interval dosing in multiple sclerosis during SARS-CoV-2 pandemic: a real-world experience.
Cognitive function in primary and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis: A multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging study.
Via Olgettina, 60, 20132
About this place
Milan is the principal city of Northern Italy and the business capital of the Lombardy region. The town is famous for its innovati
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. Massimo Filippi?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. Massimo Filippi
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. Massimo Filippi