Prof. Dr. Irit Ben Aharon
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. Irit Ben Aharon. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
gastrointestinal tract cancer
aggressive gastric cancer
malignancyassociated antiphospholipid syndrome
chemotherapyinduced testicular toxicity
toxicity antiher2neu antibody
prostate cancer cells
gastroesophageal junction cancer
nonmetastatic breast cancer
metastasis gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma
- Studied human medicine
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation at the Tel Aviv University and U.S. National Institute of Health
- Doctor of Philosophy at the Tel Aviv University
- Oncology residency at Rabin Medical Center
- Fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center of New York as a Fulbright scholar focused on gastrointestinal malignancies and young-onset cancer
- Obtaining specialization in oncology
- Habilitation and a teaching license
- Internship at the Davidoff Cancer Centre in Petah Tikva, Israel
- Compulsory foreign practice in embryogenesis and fertility at the National Institute of Health in the USA, in the field of oncofertility at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston
- 2018 Director and Professor, Department of oncology at the Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
- Principal Investigator of the Ben Aharon Lab at the CRIR
Awards & Memberships
- 2020 Senior Member of the Israeli health basket committee
- Member of the Israeli Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiation Therapy
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member of the American Association for Cancer Research
- Member of the European Society for Medical Oncology
- Project grant at the Rambam Health Care Campus: “Cancer and pregnancy: role of vascular toxicity in chemotherapy-induced placental insult”
- Awarded a research grant from the European Union to investigate the use of technologies that actively monitor physical activity, nutrition, and sarcopenia (a progressive skeletal muscle disorder) measurements in patients with pancreatic cancer to improve their quality of life and life expectancy
- Head of young-onset colorectal cancer task force in the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Network
- Actively involved in international organizations in Europe and USA
Pembrolizumab in combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin compared with gemcitabine and cisplatin alone for patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (KEYNOTE-966): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.
3 June, 2023
Young-Onset Cancers-Early Steps in the Right Direction.
4 May, 2023
Early-Onset Cancer in the Gastrointestinal Tract Is on the Rise-Evidence and Implications.
1 March, 2023
HaAliya HaShniya St, 8, 3109601
About this place
Haifa is one of Israel's largest and most exciting cities, the main port and commercial and administrative center of the country's
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. Irit Ben Aharon?
The primary specialization of the doctor is oncology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. Irit Ben Aharon
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. Irit Ben Aharon