Dr. med. Sylvia Weiner
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1998-2004 Studied Medicine at the University of Wurzburg
- 2003 Completed a minimally invasive surgery fellow with Dr. Michel Gagner at the Mount Sinai Hospital, New York City
- 2004-2005 Professional highly-specialized training at the Justus Liebig University Giessen
- Bariatric internship with Dr. Paul O’Brien, Melbourne, Australia
- 2009 Doctoral thesis defense at the Witten-Herdecke University
- Specialization in emergency medicine
- 2014 Completed residence training
- 2001 Head of the Department in Krankenhaus Sachsenhausen
- 2005 Admission to medical practice, University of Giessen
- Head of the German Bariatric Center
- 2014 Doctor at the Department of General Surgery at the Municipal Hospital in Bad Soden
- 2014-2015 Doctor at the Department of General Surgery, Sachsenhausen Hospital, Frankfurt
- 2015 Doctor at the Department of General Surgery at the Hospital Nordwest Frankfurt am Main
- 2018 Head of the Department of Obesity Treatment and Bariatric Surgery at the Hospital Nordwest Frankfurt am Main
- 2019 Head of the Department for Obesity and Metabolic Surgery
Awards & Memberships
- Konrad Adenauer Foundation Scholarship
- 2014 Scholarship of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Member of the German Society of Surgery
- Member of the German Society for General and Visceral Surgery
- Member of the German Obesity Society
- Member of the Professional Association of German Surgeons
- Member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Author of more than 120 lectures and presentations at scientific congresses and conferences
Outcomes for Patients Discharged to Involuntary Commitment for Substance Use Disorder Directly from the Hospital.
Paediatric Strategy Forum for medicinal product development of DNA damage response pathway inhibitors in children and adolescents with cancer: ACCELERATE in collaboration with the European Medicines Agency with participation of the Food and Drug Administration.
Intra- to extracellular crystallization of calcite in the freshwater green algae Phacotus lenticularis.
1 September, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Dr. med. Sylvia Weiner?
The primary specialization of the doctor is general surgery, bariatric and metabolic surgery, obesity.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Dr. med. Sylvia Weiner