Prof. Dr. Walter A. Wohlgemuth
Germany, Halle (Saale)
University Hospital Halle (Saale)
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. Walter A. Wohlgemuth. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
aneurysm sac enlargement
contrastenhanced ultrasound ceus
peripheral arteriovenous malformations
portal hepatic vein
abdominal aortic aneurysms
hepatic vein embolization
- 1987-1994 Studied human medicine at the University of Regensburg, the Technical University of Munich, and the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1994 Defense of the dissertation in anesthesiology of the faculty of medicine at the Technical University of Munich: "The operations of the resuscitation team at the central clinic in Augsburg in 1989-1990"
- 1994-2001 Resident of the Department of diagnostic radiology and neuroradiology and Department of neurology and neurophysiology at the Clinic of Augsburg
- 1996 Proof of qualification in rescue service from the Bavarian State Medical Association
- 1997 Resident of the Clinic for neurology and clinical neurophysiology
- 1998 Resident of the neurological ward, stroke unit at the Clinic of Augsburg
- 2000 Obtaining specialization in diagnostic radiology by the Bavarian State Medical Association
- 2002-2004 Studied health economics at the University of Bayreuth
- 2005 Habilitation and a teaching license at the faculty of law and economics of the University of Bayreuth: "Evidence-based influencing factors and subjective quality of life - a health-scientific analysis based on peripheral arterial occlusive disease"
- 2006 Received additional qualifications in the field of neuroradiology from the Bavarian State Medical Association
- 2011 Obtaining further specialization in interventional radiology by the German Society for Interventional Radiology and Minimally Invasive Therapy
- 2001-2002 Senior Physician, Department of diagnostic radiology and neuroradiology and Department of neurology and neurophysiology at the Clinic of Augsburg
- 2002 Research Assistant at the Institute for Medical Management and Health Sciences at the University of Bayreuth
- 2003 Senior Physician and Head of the Department of vascular and interventional radiology at the Clinic of Augsburg
- 2005 Senior Physician of the Institute for diagnostic and interventional radiology at the Clinic of Ingolstadt
- 2003-2011 Radiation Protection Officer at the Augsburg Clinic
- 2008 Managing Senior Physician, Department of diagnostic radiology and neuroradiology at the Clinic of Augsburg
- 2003-2008 Head, Department of vascular and interventional radiology at the Clinic of Augsburg
- 2005-2011 Research Assistant at the Institute for Medical Management and Health Sciences of the Faculty of Law and Economics, University of Bayreuth
- 2009-2011 Founder and Head of the interdisciplinary functional area for congenital vascular defects at the Clinic of Augsburg
- 2011-2017 W2 Professor of interventional radiology and Senior Physician at the Institute for X-ray Diagnostics at the University Hospital in Regensburg
- 2011-2017 Head of the Interdisciplinary Center for vascular anomalies at the University Hospital Regensburg
- 2015-2017 Founder and Director of the first German Center for pediatric interventional radiology at the University Hospital Regensburg
- 2017 Professor and Director, Department of radiology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- 2018 In charge of the Interdisciplinary Center for vascular anomalies at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
Awards & Memberships
- 2002-2003 Official representative in the commission for sustainability in the financing of social security systems from the German Federal Government
- 2005 Member of the specialist committee for medicine and health sciences at AQUIN
- 2006 Girolano Prize of the International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies
- 2007-2011 Part-time Managing Director of Health Science Strategy
- 2010 Scientific Award for the best lecture: “Endovascular treatment of peripheral arteriovenous malformations in children with Onyx” from the Bavarian-Austrian radiology congress in Linz
- 2017 President of the German Interdisciplinary Society for Vascular Anomalies
- 2017 Chairman of the board of the German Interdisciplinary Society for Vascular Anomalies
- 2017 Member of the European Board of Interventional Radiology
- Editor and Author of the “Compendium Vascular Anomalies”, a freely accessible information portal with scientific expert knowledge on the diagnosis and therapy of vascular anomalies
- Member of the scientific advisory board of the Federal Association for Congenital Vascular Malformations
- Deputy Spokesman for the working group on vascular diseases in childhood of the German Society for Angiology
- Review Boards of the journals “European Radiology”, “Health Policy,” and “Cardio-Vascular and Interventional Radiology”
Differentiation between rebound thymic hyperplasia and thymic relapse after chemotherapy in pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma.
Structured magnetic resonance imaging-based characterization of the marginal vein reveals limits of the Weber-classification.
Bleomycin electrosclerotherapy (BEST) for the treatment of vascular malformations. An International Network for Sharing Practices on Electrochemotherapy (InspECT) study group report.
21 June, 2023
Ernst-Grube-Straße, 40, 06120
Halle (Saale), Germany
About this place
Halle is a beautiful city in the southern part of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt, with more than 239,000 inhabitants. Lying on
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. Walter A. Wohlgemuth?
The primary specialization of the doctor is radiology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. Walter A. Wohlgemuth
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. Walter A. Wohlgemuth
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University
diagnostic and interventional radiology